Management Accountant (Grade 9)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, October 25 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Management Accountant is primarily responsible for reimbursements, invoice payment, advance disbursements and tracking, monitoring expenditures and budgets, completing the vFER process for payroll.
Place of Performance and Reporting:
The Management Accountant is based in Lusaka. reports directly to the Finance Manager in Lusaka, Zambia.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Review travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance and follow procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel
• Post payroll into vFer, ensuring leave balances and taxes are accurately recorded
• Perform any approved accounting corrections and reversals
• Ensure that financial transaction documentation is complete and accurate before uploading into the designated DAI accounting system
• Assists in preparing information for any financial reporting requirements, or internal reports as necessary
• Ensure payment requests are within budget and correctly coded and charged to the correct cost center
• Maintains knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures as set forth in the SUN TA Field Operations Manual.
• Performs other financial tasks assigned by the Finance Manager which are consistent with his/her qualifications, this Scope of work and the general requirements of the project.
• Assist the Finance department with annual Audit preparation
• Any other tasks assigned by the Finance Manager or the Director Finance and Administration.
The Management Accountant supervises the Finance officer Review.
Education and Experience:
• B.A. or B.Com Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent or Completed ACCA Professional/ full CIMA/CA Zambia Associate or Licentiate Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• Sound general accounting knowledge with budgeting and financial analysis skills.
• Experience working with international NGOs or donor such as USAID-funded projects (preferred). Advanced Excel skills and working knowledge of other MS Office Suite programs.
• Ability to work independently and adjust quickly to change in a fast-paced working environment .
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail,
• Experience using accounting software.
• Demonstrated honesty, trustworthiness initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks
7. Key Result Areas
• Timely and accurate payments;
• Payroll paid and posted accurately and in a timely manner;
• Ensure All financial Transactions Documented are Complete and Accurate before uploading in the DAI Systems.
• Ensure that all DAI Home Office Transactions are Executed in Accordance with DAI Home Office Deadlines.
• Accounting skills
• Team oriented
• Written and verbal communication
• Detail oriented
• Financial software literacy
• Ability to work in a team
• Mentoring and coaching
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.