Jobs at:Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), a statutory body has been established by the Government of the Republic of Zambia under section 3 of the Civil Aviation Authority Act No.7 of 2012. Air transport plays a significant role in the economic development of any nation. In this regard, there is need to appoint a vibrant and visionary team that will ensure that the Zambian aviation industry is effective, efficient, self-sustaining and in compliance with industry standards and best practices. The CAA is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Inspector Aerodromes Standards under the Directorate of Aerodromes Safety and Standards and reporting to the Senior Inspector Aerodromes Safety and Standards.
Job Position: Management Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggest improvements where needed.
• Production analysis and interpret of management accounts.
• Monitor budgets and produce budget information and report as well as variance analysis and comments.
• Inform key strategic decisions and formulate business strategies.
• Interprets and communicates financial data to non-financial managers.
• Facilitate budgetary and forecasting process
• Oversee the building of budgets and forecasting and with input from directorates and the finalization and communication thereof to the CAA.
• Acts as a strategic partner in provision of decision support information.
• Provide ongoing advice on the financial implications of strategies
• Source and consolidate data into insightful performance reports adding value to the CAA.
• Provide appropriate clear, concise and timely business comments to support various internal stakeholder including the exco and board of directors.
• Ensure appropriate evaluation and approval of capital expenditure.
• Completion of balanced sheet reconciliation monthly.
• Excellent attention to detail picks up on mistakes and rectifies before problems arise.
• Able to flag issues and spot improvements for existing controls and pressures.
• Flexible approach willing to get stuck in and support the team with a wide range of tasks that may on occasion fall outside the key job space.
• Documents Conducts effectively and timely checks on security of accountable documents in order to prevent unauthorized access and destruction.
• Prepares timely and effectively Management Reports in order to facilitate decision making.
• Supervises and undertakes timely development of individual and sectional work plans in order to monitor and evaluate performance.
• Supervises effectively utilization of Human and material resources in order to facilitate attainment of set objectives.
• Manage Accounts payables.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Full Form V or Grade 12 Certificate minimum of Credit in 5 O levels including Mathematics and English.
• Bachelor of Accountancy Degree a must.
• Full CIMA, ACCA, ZICA, CA.
• Fully paid up member of ZICA at Associate Level membership or better.
• Minimum of 5 years experience.
Other Skills and Attributes
Plan and manage own workflow anticipate obstacles, managing priorities and following through on objectives with agreed timeframes.
• Team player and able to support deliverables
• Persuasive communicator with excellent written and verbal communication.
• Proficiency in MS Office (advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Team player with high levels of integrity
• A lively and engaging mind with a logical approach to work combined with analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Commercial awareness with an interest in business and an understanding of how an organisation works and manages resources.
• A high level of numeracy.
• Experience as Management Accountant and or Financial Accountant a must.
Applicants who meet the above qualifications MUST:
• submit a signed application letter accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees and day time telephone numbers and contact address.
• Validated professional qualifications from Zambia Qualifications Authority.
• Certified and validated Grade 12 certificate from Examinations Council of Zambia.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates shall be responded to. Applicants that previously applied for this position are advised NOT TO APPLY.
Apply to: The Director – General
Civil Aviation Authority
Former Zambia Airways Technical Base Hanger 38/947
Kenneth Kaunda International Airport
P.O. Box 50137
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.