Vacancy title: Management Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Waste management , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Luapula Water Supply & Sanitation Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
06 February 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Report to: SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER
Luapula Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited is a commercial utility which was set up to provide water and sewerage services in five out of twelve districts in the Province, namely Mansa, Samfya, Mwense, Kawambwa and Nchelenge. In pursuance of this mission, the Company is seeking the services of a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the vacancy of MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• To support planning and decision-making process by providing appropriate financial information to management.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts and commentaries on company performance.
• Prepare company budgets, variance analysis and recommend cost control strategies.
• Analyse company financial performance and provide key performance indicators for decision making
• Prepare financial data for water and sanitation regulatory and tariff application requirements
• To ensure that the company’s fixed asset register is updated and maintained.
• To ensure all company assets are insured for risk mitigation.
• To assist in appraising project proposals for determination of Project viability.
• To ensure adherence to implemented financial policies, objective and procedures for the sound and efficient financial accounting system
• To agree performance targets and conduct appraisal for all staff under his/ her supervision
Skills and Qualifications required
1. Full grade 12 certificate
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, ACCA, CIMA, CA or equivalent
3. Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
4. Five years working experience, 5 of which should be at senior management level
5. Experience in the water sector will be an added advantage
6. Full ZICA membership
7. A problem-solver with attention to detail
8. Knowledge of IFRSs, budgeting and budgetary control, excellent numeracy, analysis and Microsoft Excel skills Good interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Deadline for submission: 6th February, 2021
The Statutory Manager
Luapula Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
P.O Box 710594
Mansa, Luapula Province
Email : email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.