Manager, Business Finance
Jobs at:Standard Chartered Bank
Deadline of this Job:
24 August 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Manager, Business Finance
• To add-value to the strategic direction, planning, budgeting forecasting and performance of the business in support of the Cluster or Business Head
• Implement controls within the Business Unit to meet business cost challenges.
• Assist Business Unit Head and Finance Operational Risk Manager in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the Business Unit level
• Support Consumer Private & Business Banking (CPBB) on strategy development, business planning and budgeting.
• Ongoing evaluation of business decision making process through business MIS and application of analytics.
• Analysis and evaluation of investment decisions and options support the project approval process and provide financial management of initiatives.
• Report Country Consumer Private & Business Banking performance and ensure reports are timely and accurate at both product and customer segments level and feed into;
o Monthly Exco & Performance reviews
o Quarterly board reviews
o Half & full year financial reporting
• Review regulatory returns for Insurance agency & investment services
Budgeting and Planning
• Actively support the formulation and reporting of the annual Country Consumer Private & Business Banking Budget
• Assist to develop and maintain product and customer segment profitability modelling.
• ICAAP- supporting the business with ICAAP financials and assumptions used to aid the country ICAAP activities.
• Individual Learning and Developments Plans
Operational Risk Management and Assurance
• Act as Unit Operational Risk Manager for the Reporting Unit
• To report Unit’s Operational Risk issues and losses to Functional Operational Risk Manager (FORM)
• To assist FORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans
Operational Risk Management
• To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
• To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
• To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
• To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
Health & Safety (General)
• Complete mandatory H&S learning; behave responsibly in compliance with this policy;
• Follow instructions as defined in H&S standard and comply with applicable legal requirements;
• Report work related accidents, incidents, ill health and unsafe workplace conditions
• Cooperate in assessment and mitigation of H&S risks and investigation of accidents and incidents.
• Provide leadership in Zambia CPBB Finance team to comply with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
• Embed the Group’s Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture. Lead by example by displaying exemplary conduct behaviours and take personal responsibility for:
o The conduct of individuals in Zambia CPBB Finance team ensuring behaviours set out in the Group Code of Conduct is followed.
o Zambia CPBB Finance team achieving the outcomes set out in the Conduct Principals and Pillars.
o both direct and indirect/dotted line managers are individually accountable to proactively communicate, collaborate and agree on the conduct ratings of employees.
Anti Money Laundering
• Ensure vigilance in relation to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it
• Business Heads
• Group Finance
• GFS Kenya – Hub
• GFS Chennai
• Heads of support functions
• Internal Auditors
• Business Operations
• Central Bank
• Tax Authorities and Consultants
• Insurance Agencies
• External Auditors
• Industry and Trade Associations
• Central Statistical Office
• Financial Institutions
• Stock Exchange
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Our Ideal Candidate
• Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Professional Accounting qualification (e.g. CIMA or ACCA) together with at least 2 years relevant working experience.
• A sound knowledge of the Group Market Risk and Accounting practice and statutory requirements, and indeed an all round banking experience.
• Good communications and inter personal skills due to the frequent contact with both internal and external customers.
• Hands on experience in computer packages and spreadsheets
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
• Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
• Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
• Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
• In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
• Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
• Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
• Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
• Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
• A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
• Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
• Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com .
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.