Manager, Internal Audit
Jobs at:Standard Bank Group
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 31 2023
Date Posted: Friday, October 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Adhere to applicable internal Standard Bank Group policies and procedures.
• Manage adherence of team members on audit projects.
• Adhere to GIA methodology, policies and procedures.
• Guide team members to enhance their understanding and application of GIA methodology, policies and procedures.
• Adhere to legislative and regulatory requirements on internal audit and manage adherence across the team on audit projects.
• Assess and influence risk culture in the business area responsible for, through audit projects and stakeholder engagement.
• Assess, identify and report on practices in the scope of audit projects which negatively impact client experience and raise recommendations to improve client experience.
• Build strong relationships with relevant senior internal stakeholders to understand the business and to enable assurance processes and GIA’s wider objectives.
• Contribute to the effective development of audit technology by providing input on technology needs.
• Develop and maintain a risk assessment on all areas of risk origination and risk management of the business area responsible for, covering all the risk types to inform audit planning and reporting.
• Develop and maintain a risk-based, resourced, and relevant assurance plan for the business area responsible for.
• Identify and develop areas for personal growth, considering skill, behavioural and leadership development, through interventions, on-the-job learning or coaching.
• Where required provide on the job guidance and support to new joiners.
• Identify and implement effective use cases of data in automated assurance.
• Lead and manage individuals to deliver against objectives, provide feedback, guide and enable technical, behavioural and leadership development, and assess and manage performance.
• Manage and contribute to the development of a risk based audit project scope, adhering to audit methodology. Engage all relevant GIA specialists to obtain input and agreement of the scope. Review and approve a proposed scope. Communicate the scope to relevant GIA executives for review, input and approval, prior to communicating to auditees accountable for the area under review.
• Manage and execute data led audit testing to assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls, determine audit findings and residual risk, and agree remediation to address root causes. Engage all relevant GIA specialists to obtain input and agreement of the audit findings. Review, assess and approve all audit project work for quality, accuracy and adherence to GIA methodology. Communicate and agree findings with relevant auditees accountable for the areas under review.
• Manage audit finding management on the business area(s) responsible for; monitor status for all findings, drive accuracy and completeness of audit finding data and updates on the audit system. Engage all relevant GIA specialists to obtain input and agreement on the remediation. Review audit finding validation in accordance with GIA methodology. Compile data analysis and insights on audit findings for portfolio reporting.
• Manage the accuracy and completeness of audit data on the audit system, including audit and finding status, business and risk mapping, and committed dates. Contribute to governance reporting through providing collective audit and finding outcomes and opinions, audit and finding metrics, risk assessments, risk themes, risk insights and risk foresights on the business area responsible for. Where required report into relevant governance committees.
• Manage the accuracy, completeness and relevance of GIA data owned by the audit portfolio. Review GIA data to identify and implement opportunities for refinement or improvement of data quality.
• Manage the audit project closure, driving adherence to GIA methodology through guidance, review and approval of the audit project against all methodology requirements.
• Manage the finalization of audits findings, assessing and contributing to drive accurate, risk-based findings with complete root causes and agreed sustainable risk-based remedial actions. Draft the audit report, incorporating audit findings and formulating risk themes and the overall audit outcomes and messages.
• Partner relevant stakeholders in the business area to share and leverage risk management practices, tools and capabilities, and work together towards an aligned and integrated approach to assurance and risk management.
• First Degree in Audit, Finance, Legal, IT, Data or related field (Required).
• Post Graduate Degree (Preferred)
• 5-7 years Planning and executing audits.
• Managing and engaging with various stakeholders at a Senior Level.
• Experience in managing and leading teams with a proven track record of delegating and prioritizing tasks. Required
• Relevant professional membership will be required based on specialty.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.