Manager Finance – Accounting & Control
Deadline of this Job:
07 July 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To ensure the completeness of financials reports, safeguarding of Company assets and filing of all statutory obligations on time
• Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes.- Ensure billing is timely, accurate and complete as per contractual requirements. – Management and review of primary finance functions carried out by the finance team and preparation of monthly journals and schedules.- Provide supervision of the accounting staff to ensure completeness and accuracy of the accounting records and postings. This includes reviewing allocations of input data and results for completeness as well as reconciliations of monthly general ledger, main balance sheet control accounts and ensure completeness of the fixed assets register.Review processes, procedures, policies, and systems and recommend improvements and efficiencies as appropriate.
• Ensure all accounting documentation is properly maintained.
• Ensure all regulatory and statutory reporting and filing are submitted to relevant authority on a timely basis.
Supervision and mentorship
• Ensure subordinates are appropriately supervised to optimize the effectiveness of the unit.Internal control Ensure effective internal control procedures and checks are in place to maintain the integrity of the accounting records and to minimize the risk of errors and omissions and misappropriation of company assets.
• Execute any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Professional Qualification orBachelors degree in a relevant field.
• Member of ZICA
Key Competencies and Skills
• Strong financial and accounting background.
• Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines.
• Proficiency in computer software, including Excel and Accounting packages.
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
• Excellent time management skills,with ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
• Strong analytical and technical ability.
• Excellent problem solving.
• Strong work ethics.
• Excellent team player.
• Integrity and honest.
Years of Experience Required
• 6 years work experience in management or similar position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.