Manager Internal Audit
Jobs at:Mopani Copper Mines Plc
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, December 04 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Mopani Copper Mines Plc has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationship enjoyed with its stakeholders- an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company seeks the services of a Manager Internal Audit (x1).
• The successful candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating the Internal Audit function and implementing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of control and governance processes by ensuring that the Company complies with its internal operating policies and procedures and any legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
The responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to the following:
• Own and deliver assurance assignments that cover governance, design adequacy and operating effectiveness of the company’s internal control environment.
• Formulate, update and implement audit policies, procedures/systems and ensure adherence.
• Develop and execute the annual risk-based audit plan and performing duties necessary to achieve the internal audit objectives and scope.
• Coordinate the delivery of Audit Assignments directed by the Shareholder as need arises as well as External Audits.
• Perform special audits as deemed fit or as directed by the Chief Executive Officer and/or the Mopani Board Audit Committee.
• Report the results of Audits conducted to Mopani Management and the Board Audit Committee in order to ensure awareness of the current issues related to all areas covered by the Internal Audit Department, including internal financial control, corporate governance, audit committee and internal audit matters.
• Effective tracking and reporting of audit exceptions (issue remediation).
• Prepare Quarterly Board Audit Committee Pack for reporting to the Audit Committee
• Develop and implement short- and long-term internal audit strategies and programmes aimed at providing an independent and objective opinion on controls, checks, and corporate governance.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or its equivalent e.g. CIMA, ACCA
• Minimum 10 years’ post qualification experience in Finance in the Mining and Mineral Processing industry, with at least 5 years’ experience at Management level in Internal or External Audit. Certified Internal Auditor is an added advantage
• Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
• Relevant Professional Membership (Institute of Internal Auditors)
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
• Intermediate to professional Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project) • Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• A team player with good problem-solving skills
• Strategic focus and priority driven
• Demonstrable investigative skills
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of “meritocracy” – aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application in either soft or hard copy not later than Friday 1st December 2023 with contact phone numbers, detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and include three (3) contactable referees, and certified copies of all credentials to the postal/email address below:
• Human Resources Superintendent – Manpower
Mopani Copper Mines Plc
P. O. Box 22000
• Email: email@example.com
• Female applicants that meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Full confidentiality guaranteed. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.