Vacancy title: Market Research Senior Advisor, ZAM-Health Project Activity[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Advertising & Marketing ]
Jobs at:John Snow
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party, SI
JSI is seeking a Market Research Senior Advisor for the USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity. USAID ZAM Health is a five-year project that aims to sustainably expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. Within the framework of a total market approach (TMA), the program employs private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with commercial and for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess. The consortium applies a market facilitation approach to coordinate, catalyze, and harness the private sector to reach priority populations with health products, services and information.
The Market Research Senior Advisor is part of the Strategic Information team and will be instrumental in developing an integrated monitoring and evaluation and market surveillance system to track project indicators as well as total market performance and contribution to private sector outcomes. The Market Research Senior Advisor will ensure that market intelligence is shared with the Government of Zambia, social marketing organizations and other public and private entities to reduce informational barriers. The position is based in Lusaka, Zambia and reports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
• Support the development and implementation of the ZAM-Heath Strategic Information plan and the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan ;
• Design, conduct, and/or oversee various types of health market analyses, including but not limited to stakeholder mapping, trend analysis, consumer research/insights to guide programmatic investments aimed to increase private sector engagement in health service delivery;
• Design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences;
• Work with the Strategic Information Senior Advisor to compile and analyze market data using digital and traditional methods;
• Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations;
• Provide competitive analysis on various market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation;
• Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties’ researches and implement best practices;
• Participate and contribute to the write up of quarterly reports, annual work plan and other reports as well as participate in various internal and external meeting;
• Support efforts to promote Collaborative, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Activities;
• Be an active member of the Strategic Information team led by the Deputy Chief of Party, Strategic Information;
• Responsible for implementing JSI’s Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI’s policies on fraud management; and
• Any other responsibilities, as assigned.
• Masters in health policy, health economics, marketing, statistics or a related advanced degree, with 5 – 7 years of experience;
• At least 2-3 years of experience with USAID or donor funded projects strongly preferred;
• Progressive experience in monitoring, evaluation, and research (MER) in the public health field or of large, complex markets;
• Demonstrated experience in implementing and assessing innovative approaches in demand generation programming for public and private health sector;
• Experience with social and commercial marketing;
• Good understanding of Zambia’s health system and prior experience with Total Market Approach or other market development approaches will be an advantage;
• Experience in qualitative, quantitative research, advocacy and policy analysis policy;
• Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (Envivo, SPSS, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office;
• Strong analytical and critical thinking;
• Excellent written and verbal English language skills; and,
• Ability to travel to project sites as needed.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should complete an application with this LINK. Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
JSI – R & T is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
JSI/WEI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.