Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to: Medical Superintendent
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Mid-wife.
Reporting to the Medical Superintendent, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
• Co-ordinate and conduct, Antenatal Services, Post-natal services, Family Planning Services, New-born and Child health services.
• Supervise and conduct simple deliveries; Provides nursing care for pre-mature babies.
• Ensure sufficient medical and surgical supplies in the delivery rooms.
• Maintain accurate records of all services rendered in the maternal, new-born and child-health
• Maintains records and statistics required by statutory and domestic regulations
• Be able to maintain high levels of cleanliness/sterility in Labour ward and hence reduce chances of cross-infection.
• Be actively involved in the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV
Experience & Qualifications
• Grade twelve (12) school certificate
• Diploma in Registered Nursing
• Advanced Diploma in Midwifery
• 5 years work experience as a registered nurse.
• Able to work with minimum supervision
• Good management and communication skills
• Team player
• Good observation and analytical skills
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.