Vacancy title: Mine Captain[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources , Category: Energy & Mining ]
Jobs at:Mabiza Resources Limited
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
Reporting: Underground Manager
Job Purpose: Manage resources to ensure production targets are achieved for development, stoping, tramming and backfilling operations.
Ensure that mine stope production activities are undertaken according to mine designs.
• Ensure that all mining activities are according to the survey and design and controls
• Ensuring that the operatives meet daily production targets as set in the mine plans
• Ensure quality service from Technical Service Departments on time and comply with legal requirements.
• Ensure that backfill operations are done to standard and plan
• Ensure that the excavation of all mine developments and stopes is as per standard requirements.
• Ensuring that the correct ore and head grade is mined and delivered to the ROM pad.
• Ensuring the maintenance of high safety standards for all employees under his responsibility.
• Ensure that all work areas have adequate ventilation.
Skills & Qualifications: –
• Grade 12 certificate
• Diploma in Mining
• Degree in Mining will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 4 years work experience in a reputable mine
• Holder of a valid Blasting License & First Aid Certificate
• Exposure to sub-level open stope and backfill mining operations is a must
• Computer literate
• People Management
• Analytical skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 25th August 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.