Vacancy title: Mine Geologist – PFS[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Mining , Category: Science & Engineering ]
Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Mine Geologist – Pre-Feasibility Study to join the Mineral Resources Department.
Reporting to the Senior Geologist, the successful applicant will coordinate the drilling, sampling, and collection of geological data in a timely manner and ensure it is of a high quality; validation and interpretation of the data for input into the construction of resource models of the Lumwana ore bodies. All work programs are to be implemented consistent with sound world class operating principles as well as optimizing the financial objectives of the business. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Daily supervision of drilling (Site preps, pegging, QAQC of rig and assay data) and ensure that the job is being carried out safely to work specifications.
• Daily monitoring of sampling systems and practices, correcting any procedure non-conformances through discussion with the shift Leading Hand.
• Collect geological data primarily from diamond core logging, sampling (assay, gamma logger & met) and field spectroscopy.
• Ensure that all HSE policies and strategies are stringently adopted and adhered to and implemented (where required).
• Provide proactive approach to solving daily drilling, sampling, and sample submission issues
• Responsible for management of sampling crews, through the Leading Hand, and the Contractor at the rig, their activities and performance
• Monitor and report on stock levels of Resource Definition consumables i.e., core-cutter blades, core trays, plastic bags, markers, Aluminium-tags etc
• Correct all non-conformances of Geology department procedures and report same to the Senior Geologist
• Contribute to the development and improvement of 3D geological model of the Lubwe and Chimiwungo ore bodies.
• Act as the Senior Geologist in their absence, attend and be the representative of Senior geologist at the meetings with the Drilling Contractors. Make the required follow-up of outstanding issues or implement required corrective actions. as and when required
• Encourage teamwork and adopt management philosophy to keep personnel motivated, and producing a high standard of work
• Compile and produce a geological summary report at the completion of each drilling campaign
• Daily, Weekly & Monthly progress reports and reconciliations
• Completed geological logging for loading into the production database
• Understand the deposit geology and its relationships to mineralisation styles and occurrences by mapping.
• Undertake geological mapping and sampling in remote locations.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor of Science – Majoring in Geology
• Knowledge of diamond and RC drilling.
• Experience with supervising drilling programs and contractors.
• Be familiar with mining in large open cut mines and knowledge of their management principles and philosophies would be advantageous
• Adequate experience in mapping, logging and some 3D geological modeling would be advantageous.
• Basic knowledge of sample QA/QC management and laboratory auditing
• Must be computer literate with exposure to 3D mining software & competent with Microsoft Office programs
• Must be a confident supervisor and capable of resolving all work-related issues (contractor & junior staff)
• Actively promote and enforce strict HSE policies and sets the example
• Preferably have or be eligible for a current Zambian / SADC driving license.
Barrick – Lumwana employees that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs through http://jobs.barrick.com/ .
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.