Occupational Health, Safety, Security & Loss Control Officer
Jobs at:Simba Holdings Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 28 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT
The Mission of Simba Holdings Limited (SHL) is to enrich people’s lives by providing premium quality everyday products and services at competitive pricing and providing the best work culture & family like yet professional environment for our staff who have the right knowledge, skills and abilities as required. It is for this reason that SHL now seeks to recruit a dynamic and energetic person who is performance driven, suitably qualified and experienced to fill the vacant position of Occupational Health, Safety, Security & Loss Control Officer on a one-year fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Occupational Health, Safety, Security & Loss Control Officer will be in charge of Occupational Health, Safety and risk Management & Mitigation. This includes organizational systems and processes in a manner that focusses on early intervention and prevention, thereby reducing accidents and losses.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Occupational Health & safety
• Must be knowledgeable of all laws, policies, regulations and guidelines related to the said position and is able to recommend corrective actions to align current state of the factory to the correct state.
• Must inspect, assess and ensure that company facilities present no safety hazard to workers and that these facilities are clean and hygienic.
• Encourage a safety culture by coaching and directing safety activities for each department
• Ensure the site is stocked with the minimum first aid requirements as defined by a standards organization.
• Provide advice on best practice actions that enable compliance with the Occupation Health and Safety Act, relevant regulations and OH&S Policy and associated procedures
• Maintain organizational systems with current data relevant to OH&S and provide reports as required
• Ensure relevant audits and inspections are undertaken to meet legislative requirements and oversee the implementation of actions from audits as required
• Lead the development, implementation and review of OH&S Management System, policies, procedures and strategies in line with current OH&S legislation which promote a safe and healthy work environment for all staff
• Implement specific OH&S related projects including:
• OH&S induction and training programs
• OH&S auditing programs
• Health and Safety monitoring
• Emergency management and evacuation planning
• Incident Investigations
• First Aid management
• Contractor induction.
• Security & Loss
• Formulate and prepare loss control and security risk management initiatives in the organization.
• Carry out investigations for all cases involving employees at all levels.
• Assists in the supervision of the day to day work of contracted security companies
• Promote security and risk control awareness i.e. crime prevention and awareness campaigns
• Coordinate the emergency preparedness systems for the Company e.g. fire system
• Check on enforcement of controls in the company.
• Act as liaison to local police & Supervisor to contracted third party security staff on site
• Ability to handle PC/CCTV/Radio communication Systems.
• perform duties and tasks that may vary from the job description functions to meet the business needs of the Company
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma/Degree in Occupational Health & safety
• Police or security training will an added advantage
• 2-3 years of experience in Health & safety in FMCG.
• Ms Word & Excel
• Report writing
• Handle fraud and related investigations & court attendance
• Handle confidential information and investigations
• Ability to work under pressure and to deal with highly sensitive material;
• Excellent communication, presentation & people skills.
• Ability to work odd hours
• Problem solving skills
• Sober habits,
• Inclusiveness and tolerance,
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Send detailed curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position title in the subject field.
SHL values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.