Vacancy title: Office Assistant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:Nathan Associates Inc
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics, Economic Policy & Governance, Private Sector Development, Women’s Economic Empowerment, and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is implementing the USAID Zambia Revenue for Growth Project (R4G). R4G supports the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) in its efforts to improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. R4G engages both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the GRZ.
OFFICE ASSISTANT POSITIONS SUMMARY AND KEY TASKS
Nathan is seeking an Office Assistant to perform the key tasks listed below. This is a full-time position that reports directly to R4G’s Chief of Party (COP) or his designee.
The Office Assistant will perform the following key tasks:
• Support project finance, HR and admin functions
• Organize and manage project meetings and events
• Perform project operations and secretarial duties
• Contribute to one or more R4G technical activities, including but not limited to tax administration, tax policy, public-private dialogue, communications, ICT, monitoring and evaluation
• Draft, review and/or proofread R4G progress and technical reports
• Drive project staff as requested
• Pick-up/deliver project items
• Contribute to the management of the project office
• If possible, perform ICT-related project tasks
• Perform other tasks as directed by the R4G COP.
All tasks will be conducted in Lusaka unless otherwise directed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
The Office Assistant is expected to possess the following qualifications and skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in economics, international affairs/development, communications, or other discipline relevant to the tasks to be performed
• Valid driver’s license and driving experience
• Experience in organizing and managing project meetings and events
• Excellent, demonstrated writing and proof-reading skills
• Demonstrated initiative to identify and perform tasks that benefit the project
• Strong work ethic
• Professional attitude and demeanor
• Ability to interact effectively with project staff and advisors
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and without supervision
• Some knowledge of project finance, HR and/or administration preferred
• Work experience in at least one of the following areas preferred: tax administration, tax policy, public-private dialogue, communications, grants, ICT, monitoring and evaluation
• Knowledge of Zambian political and economic environment preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates are requested to complete a 6-minute application at this link. The application form will also provide instructions on how to submit a cover letter, CV, and unedited writing sample. A completed application—including a CV, cover letter, and unedited writing sample—must be received by September 30, 2022. If candidates have any questions about the application or have trouble accessing the link, please email RGARecruiting@nathaninc.com.
Applications missing a CV, cover letter, writing sample, or a completed application form (linked above) will not be considered for this vacancy.
Please include “R4G Office Assistant” in the subject line. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.