Vacancy title: Officer Payroll Processing[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Laura and Partners Consulting
Deadline of this Job:
18 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client, in the Banking and Finance industry seeks to employ a competent and qualified Officer Payroll Processing.
Main Purpose of Job: Provide support to the payroll supervisor, to ensure that the Bank’s payroll is processed in a timely and accurate manner. Ensures that all staff applicable taxes such as PAYE and levies are collected and charged correctly and reconcile all payroll related general ledgers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives and checks payroll data submitted for input to ensure accuracy and conformity;
• Prepares and pays all government obligations including PAYE, NAPSA, statutory obligations and other payroll transactions to facilitate timely and correct payments for employees;
• Prepares and effects sundry deductions e.g., Loans, Advances, medical, insurance and other related deductions;
• Maintains proper payroll accounting records for filing and easy retrieval of information and ensure that all monthly payroll input documents, payment vouchers, printed reports etc., are properly recorded to facilitate internal and external audits;
• Regularly files and archives payroll information and maintains accurate record of payroll related documents for ease of reference and retrieval;
• Performs payroll reconciliations for payroll costs and 3rd party payments;
• Processes new employee’s contracts and terminations from a payroll perspective;
• Assists with month-end reporting and;
• Answers general payroll enquiries and resolving them in a timely and accurate manner.
• Honesty and integrity;
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team;
• Ability to investigate issues and find solutions;
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
• Dynamic self-starter with a personal ambition to succeed;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills;
• Meticulous, attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills and;
• Knowledge of general payroll practices, procedures, operations and legislation.
Qualifications and Experiences
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
• Full CA Zambia, ZICA Professional, ACCA, CIMA, Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent;
• Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in payroll;
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accounting;
• Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards;
• Proficient Software packages such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access.
• Experience in using payroll systems is added advantage and;
• Working knowledge of any banking software is added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The Managing Partner
Laura & Partners Consulting Limited
CV 16 D.C. Wallace Road,
COMESA Exhibition Village, Show Grounds,
Applications must be emailed with the subject “Officer Payroll Processing” to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18th December, 2022. Consider your application unsuccessful if there is no feedback after 21 days from close of deadline. Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.