Vacancy title: Operations Assistant (Data Processing)[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Since the inception of IOM in 1951, Movement Operations have been and continue to be a fundamental pillar of the Organization’s work. The organized movement of persons in need of international migration assistance is a primary mandate of the Organization and a cornerstone of IOM’s operations. This mandate has resulted in the international transport of more than 15 million migrants and refugees worldwide. Movement Operations Units in various IOM Country Offices, coordinated under the Division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) in the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) at IOM’s Geneva Headquarters (HQ), are responsible for all aspects of travel for migrants and refugees under IOM’s auspices, in accordance with the various framework agreements with resettlement and receiving Governments and partners across the spectrum of the Organization’s programmes.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of Operations Associate, the Operations Assistant (Data Processing), is responsible for undertaking data processing activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Record demographic and biographic information in MiMOSA upon receipt of the request for travel while confirming receipt to third parties, such as an e mbassy or Resettlement Support Center (RSC) and notify the Operations Associate of the receipt of new requests for travel assistance.
2. Secure, and account for travel documents in accordance with the local Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs). Ensure secure storage of documentation and data in accordance with
IOM principles and guidelines while guaranteeing limited access to physical files.
3. Process exit permits in close coordination with supervisors and other IOM colleagues and relevant authorities.
4. Ensure the issuance and timely dispatch of travel documents with Operations colleagues, from booking notifications to logistical assistance with exit processes closely coordinated.
5. Prepare all travel-ready documentation for transfer to Field Support colleagues in collaboration and coordination with supervisors while ensuring the travel bag has all necessary documentation to depart the country.
6. Prepare reports as requested on the receipt of documentation to time of service delivery: inform supervisors on possible issues which need attention and suggest corrective actions. Report any problems encountered like denials of exit permits, reasons for such denials and possible solutions
7. Assist in preparing regular data mining reports in order to ensure that MiMOSA is up-to-date, accurate and maintains the integrity of relevant Movement Operations projects.
8. Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Operations Associate and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues that arise
9. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
10. Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert Operations Associate or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Six years of working experience with secondary high school education; Four years of working experience with Bachelor’s degree
• Prior Movement Operations, transportation-related and/or management experience a strong advantage
• Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet; past experience with Movement Operations-related databases and systems (including IGATOR, MIMOSA SAR and Amadeus) is a distinct advantage
• Fluency in English (oral and written) and working knowledge of local languages spoken in the duty station
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences, encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work
• Communication, encourages and contributes to clear and open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit their electronic applications (Motivation letter and CV only) addressed to Resource Management Officer (RMO), IOM Lusaka using Recruitment email address firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 21st October 2022. Remember to quote the Vacancy Notice (VN) NO VN/2022/001-IOM-ZM and position title: Operations Assistant (Data Processing) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.