Vacancy title: Operations Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:The Nature Conservancy
Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Website THE NATURE CONSERVANCY
Who We Are:
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube or on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.
Since establishing the Africa Program in 2007, The Nature Conservancy’s vision in Africa is to work towards fostering a sustainable future for people and nature, partnering with indigenous communities across 55 million acres on the continent. Our efforts are firmly rooted in people, leveraging scientific and technical expertise as we collaborate with governments and organizations to conserve and enhance Africa’s shared resources in the 9 countries we operate.
TNC’s work in Africa transcends three key pillars: securing ownership rights to lands and resources for indigenous people, strengthening leadership and resource management and helping communities value nature through a holistic appreciation of its benefits while increasing revenue streams for conservation efforts and socio-economic development. Together with our partners, we are witnessing critical milestones in integrated land and fisheries management, ocean and source water protection, energy development and sustainable food production, working together and strengthening our resolve in tackling global challenges such as climate change, habitat and biodiversity loss that stands to adversely impact the nearly 1.4 billion people that share Africa.
What We Can Achieve Together:
The Operations Officer support TNC operations in Mumbwa, Kalumbila and Mulobezi. Reporting to the Operations Manager-Africa Region, the position will be based at the TNC office in Mumbwa, Zambia.
We’re Looking for You to:
The Operations Officer will work as part of a team within a business unit coordinating tasks related to one or more functional activities, such as operations support, procurement, travel arrangements, meetings management, special events, training, volunteer program
• Perform administrative support to Mumbwa, Kalumbila and Mulobezi based TNC employees and make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently.
• Identify routine problems and utilize existing resources for resolution, referring difficult questions and problems to supervisor.
• Supervise volunteers, interns, or temporary staff, including training and orientation and demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information
• Financial responsibility includes purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget tracking and participate in annual audit processes.
• Managing of office petty cash and ensuring timely replenishment in accordance to Finance standard operating procedures
• Responsible for planning and scheduling of team meetings, coordinating logistics for special events and/or meetings, workshops, trainings with partners and government stakeholders purchasing, central filing and program Inventory.
• Responsible for facilitating the travel approvals for government officials
• Ensure compliance with the statutory obligations, renewal of business permits, payment of signage fees, and compliance with NGO requirements for TNC Zambia and TNC Policies and Procedures
• Work with the Transport and Logistics officer to Coordinate transport logistics; Fleet/vehicle management; booking travel and accommodation for TNC and non-TNC travelers (both local and international).
• Be willing to travel, work overtime, and work evenings and weekends as needed
• Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain o
• Performing other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
• Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience or equivalent combination.
• Finance/Accounting experience.
• Experience coordinating projects.
• Experience generating financial reports and analyzing and interpreting data.
• Experience developing and administering departmental budget or equivalent.
• Experience managing multiple central administrative processes.
• Experience working across departments.
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated.
• Ability to implement complex processes.
• Demonstrated experience handling confidential information.
• Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff.
• Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
• Experience supervising staff, interns and/or volunteers.
• Strong organization and negotiating skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Experience in supporting Human Resource processes.
What We Bring:
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, Retirement pension stipend, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life, and work wellbeing benefits. Learn more about our benefits at in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work-environment that is supportive of the health, wellbeing, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
This description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for this job.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and cultures. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line. Go to our website and search for 52164
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.