Vacancy title: Part-Time Finance and Administration Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Media , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Population Media Center (PMC)
Deadline of this Job:
12 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, December 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Population Media Center (PMC) is a nonprofit, international organization, which strives to improve the health and well-being of people around the world using entertainment-education strategies. Founded in 1998, PMC has 19 years of field experience in social behavior change communication, impacting more than 50 countries around the world.
PMC seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Finance and Admin Manager on part-time basis for a period of SIX MONTHS.
The Finance and Admin Manager, under the supervision of PMC Country Director – Zambia, will be responsible for accounting and financial management of PMC’s program in Zambia.
1. Financial Accounting
The Finance and Admin Manager will maintain a general ledger of project cash, receipts, and disbursements utilizing QuickBooks or similar accounting software:
• Maintain established internal control procedures to ensure that all disbursements are properly approved, documented, and for the sole benefit of the project.
• Establish and maintain safeguards for all cash and non-cash assets and property.
• Post all transaction with proper accounting codes per the approved chart of accounts.
• Complete month-end bank account reconciliations and cash on hand physical count sheet.
2. Payroll and Human Resources
The Finance and Admin Manager will process payroll in compliance with staff employment contracts and local labor laws:
• Establish and maintain attendance records.
• Prepare and distribute monthly payroll.
• Remit payroll taxes related reports and according to local labor laws.
• Keep abreast of local labor laws relevant to PMC staff in-country (such as severance, benefits, taxes, social security), and all in-country contracts.
3. Contracting and Procurement
The Finance and Admin Manager provides assistance to Senior Management with executing contracts and purchasing or procuring goods and services needed to implement the project. Duties include:
• Assist the Country Director to develop financial management and procurement policies and procedures, based on PMC policies for field offices.
• Obtain estimates for any goods or services to be procured by the PMC program in country and assists the Country Director to select contractors based on defined parameters, according to PMC procurement policies for field offices.
• Assist the Country Director and team members to ensure the management of all in-country contracts, as necessary (e.g., research contracts, broadcasting contracts, office rental, etc.)
4. Financial Reporting and Budget Monitoring
The Finance and Admin Manager contributes to the fiscal responsibility of the project/s and by providing financial reports and monitoring project expenses. Duties include:
• Assist the Country Director to prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to PMC headquarters and to donor agencies, as required
• Monitor expenses against project budgets, and provide timely updates to the Country Director and team members
5. Project Team
As a member of the project team, the Finance and Admin Manager will oversee and maintain the efficient and professional operations of the office. The Finance and Admin Manager performs other duty as requested by the Senior Management.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
• Degree in accounting, finance ACCA or CIMA , with a minimum of five years of experience
• Experience in managing and reporting on projects funded by USAID, DFID, UN, KFW, Global Fund or World Bank a must.
• Up-to-date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications (experience with QuickBooks preferred)
• Prior experience with non-governmental organizations strongly preferred
• Written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure
• Ability to work effectively in a team –oriented and multi-cultural environment
• Effective time management skills
• Flexibility to work long hours
• Demonstrable commitment to reproductive health and related social and health goals
• Member of ZICA
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, submit via email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Applications due by Monday 12th December, 2022, 5pm. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambia .com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role. To learn more about PMC visit www.populationmedia.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.