Jobs at:The Nature Conservancy
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, September 26 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
What We Can Achieve Together
The Payables Coordinator will support TNC Africa operations in the following functions: timely review and approval of invoices & expense reports in concur, review & approval of travel cash advance requests and timely liquidation. The position ensures compliance with TNC policies and procedures and best practices in Operational financial management. The role reports to the Operations Manager-Africa Region and works closely with the operations, Human Resources, and Finance Team.
We’re Looking For You
The Payables Coordinator will work as part of a team within a business unit, coordinating tasks related to one or more functional activities. The payables Coordinator will be responsible for the following.
• Ensure timely review & approval of Invoice payments & expense reports in concur as per TNC policies, procurement procedures, compliance, accounting codes and supporting documents.
• Ensure timely classification of paid expense reports and generation of reports on trends to inform decision-making.
• Monitoring employees’ timely liquidation of Cash advances & ensuring compliance with TNC cash advance policy.
• Approve cash advance requests in concur ensuring all requests are well-supported and in compliance with TNC policies.
• Liaise with supervisors for timely approval of official expenses
• Provide effective supervision of Operations Officers and excellent service provision across the business unit
• Conduct capacity building of all staff to ensure all are competently using the financial systems for timely payments and reconciliation.
• Be willing to travel, work overtime, and work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
What You’ll Bring
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field and four years of related experience or equivalent.
• Professional Accounting Qualification CPAK/ ACCA or equivalent
• Supervisory experience
• Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems (ERPs).
• Experience negotiating agreements.
• Experience supervising staff, interns, and/or volunteers.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated a high level of integrity and trust.
• Experience working with a wide range of people, such as the Board of Directors, Donors, Volunteers, and/or all levels of staff.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams.
• Over 7 years’ experience working in accounting or finance and processing financial payments in an International NGO
• Experience supporting financial operations for multiple countries across Africa
• Experience in Supply Chain and procurement
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated.
• Ability to manage and implement complex processes and diverse activities.
• Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role.
• Advanced knowledge of current and evolving technology utilized by the program.
• Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences.
• Proficiency in interpreting guidelines and manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting data.
• Strong organization, planning, and problem-solving skills.
• Successful experience implementing strategic program goals.
What We Bring
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• To apply for job ID 53991, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.