Vacancy title: Payroll Administrator.[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Manufacturing , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Zambia Sugar Plc
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, May 18 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 12 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambia Sugar Plc. Is subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading Sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Payroll Administrator.
This position reports to the Payroll Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the process and all related payroll information and transactions to ensure that all employees are paid accurately and on time.
Key Performance Areas
• Responsible for the preparations and processing of the payroll in accordance with Group policies, processes and procedures using the appropriate IT payroll systems.
• Ensures compliance to specific Country legislation and requirements.
• Prepares the payroll files for payment of salaries and wages.
• Processes all the payroll related transactions including overtime payments, advances, deductions, loans, allowance, benefits and leave.
• Creates and run Electronics Fund Transfers payment file to the bank timeously.
• Completes Analytical Review Monthly.
• Assists the Payroll Manager with day-to-day payroll task planning and special projects.
• Assists the Payroll Manager with capturing and responding to payroll queries.
• Assists with the gathering of supporting data and information for audits, payroll related reconciliations, and interfaces. To ensure that all control accounts are reconciled to general ledger balances on monthly basis.
• Ensures that all third-party accounts are paid monthly.
• Handles payroll queries/requests and escalate as required.
• Drives coordination between payroll and relevant functions (i.e., HR, Kronos, Canepro, etc.) to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
• Prepares month-end journals, reconciliations, and payroll related reporting e.g., expense claims, overtime, leave balances, head count, analytical review and month end reports.
• Maintenance/Payments of resignations, death, and retirees.
• Updates issues register at the end of the month.
• Creates General Ledger (GL) interface for the entity.
• Completes remittance and prepare requisitions and submit for authorisation and payment (i.e. NAPSA, PAYE, NHIMA, Workers Compensation Fund Control Board Schedules etc.)
• Processes staff reimbursements, advances, and petty cash payments.
• Securely manages and files all authorized change management documents.
• Develops and maintains favourable stakeholder relationships internally (i.e. HR). and externally (i.e. relating to statutory payments to Government entities.
• Identifies matters that require special attention and communicate or escalate as required and appropriate.
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
• Natech / AAT / Cabs / Diploma / and part qualified CIMA / ACCA / CA Zambia / Equivalent
• 1-3 years working experience in a Finance environment.
• Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
• Exceptional accounting and reporting skills
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of HR Business Partner
Email: email@example.com indicating “Application – Payroll Administrator” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is 18 May 2023.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.