Principal Risk and Credit Officer
Jobs at:Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme Limited
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme (ZCGS) is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Zambia. The mandate of ZCGS is to provide credit guarantees to viable Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs), in order to facilitate their access to affordable financing. To realize its mission and mandate, ZCGS wishes to invite highly self – motivated, result – oriented, suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant position:
Principal Risk and Credit Officer – 1 Position Salary Scale – ZCGS/04
The position reports to the Manager – Risk and Credit Management and is responsible for undertaking risk management functions and issuance of credit guarantees in order to achieve set objectives, ensure business continuity and facilitate decision making.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Key Result Area Principle Accountabilities (Main Duties)
• Risk Management Framework Undertakes effectively the development, review and implementation of risk management framework in order to facilitate the institution’s response to risk occurrence and eliminate/minimize risks
• Risk Assessment Assessment of credit risk in order to facilitate decision making
• Risk Response Plan Development, implementation and review of the risk response plan in order to develop appropriate intervention measures
• Credit Guarantee Policy Development, implementation and review of Credit Guarantee Policies in order to provide operational guidance for issuance of guarantees
• Risk Register Maintenance of a risk register in order to facilitate easy access and retrieval of risk management related information
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Full Form V/Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
• A minimum of a Degree in Finance/Business administration or equivalent
• Eight (08) years’ proven relevant work experience, two (2) of which should be at management level
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, work independently and demonstrate initiative
• Ability to communicate in English clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Ability to write analytical and technical reports
• Ability to make decisions and systematically resolve problems
• Knowledge of the MSME lending market and an understanding of how a credit guarantee scheme operates.
• knowledge of financial markets and understanding of market dynamics.
• Strong risk and credit management capabilities.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
• Computer literate
• Analytical skills
• Interpersonal skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates with necessary qualifications, experience and personal attributes for the jobs should address their applications to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme Limited
Corner Roan/Bishop Roads, Kabulonga
And all applications accompanied by a curriculum vita (maximum five pages) and copies of certified academic and professional certificates must be received electronically via e mail at Jobopportunitieszcgs@gmail.com not later than 28th January, 2022. Only short – listed candidates shall be responded to.
ZCGS will offer competitive employment conditions to the successful candidates.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.