Vacancy title: Program Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Program Officer (PO)
The Program Officer (PO) provides general management and operations support to the project and helps to ensure that the award is implemented in accordance with the approved workplan and budget, organizational policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations, and local labor laws and statutory requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the direction of the PI and the Senior Management Team (SMT), liases with and coordinates across the various functions/departments of the project (e.g, Finance and Admin [F&A], operations [HR, ICT, etc.], Monitoring and Evaluation [M&E], and technical services) to ensure strong program management.
• Assists the PI to ensure prompt resolution of implementation challenges and may liaise with other project partners, as appropriate.
• Coordinates efficient, effective and timely project management processes, which include but are not limited to: financial planning and monitoring (e.g., budgeting, expenditure and pipeline analysis, revenue forecasting); workplanning and implementation monitoring; asset management and disposition planning; subaward management and monitoring; and file archiving according to the document retention policy.
• Contributes to report-writing and project documentation efforts (success stories, website updates, etc.); reviews Quarterly Financial Reports; and may assist technical staff with the production or review of project deliverables.
• Prepares scopes of work (SOW) and requisition forms for consultancy agreements, compiles backup documentation and requisition forms for procurements to vendors, and reviews/compiles payment requests from those consultants and vendors, to ensure proper segregation of duties within the team.
• Facilitates project start-up and close-out, by helping to plan and coordinate tasks, developing and updating tools, tracking progress, and attending to compliance issues.
• Liaises regularly with FHI 360’s East and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO) Programs and Finance teams (in particular, the regional backstops assigned to Zambia) to ensure that program management standards are met, operations-related organizational policies and procedures are adhered to, that internal requests are timeously attended to, and that any project support needs are expressed. Also works closely work with the Technical Partner and M&E Backstop at headquarters (HQ) to facility quality assurance, oversight and short-term technical assistance to the project.
• Contributes to Country Office (CO) proposal development efforts, if applicable (not charged to this project).
• Conducts other relevant duties, as assigned.
• Strong interpersonal skills and competency in developing and maintaining good working relations with project team members, diverse staff across the organization, and external clients and partners.
• Solid time management and organizational skills; and demonstrated ability to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
• Self-driven, with capacity to work independently.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in terms of report-writing and editing.
• Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent degree) in international development, public health, business administration or a related field and at least 4 years’ experience in project/program management. A master’s degree will be added advantage.
• Relevant project management knowledge, skills and experience, including in particular:
• Practical knowledge of all stages of the project life cycle;
• Expertise in budgeting, workplanning, and reporting; and
• Familiarity with procurement systems and subgranting mechanisms.
• Proven track record of working on donor-funded, NGO-led programs – preferably those funded by the United States Government, and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in particular – and a solid understanding of grant management.
• Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams).
Note: Relocation is not available for this position. Individuals currently residing in advertised locations are encouraged to apply.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.