Jobs at:Time + Tide Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
18 March 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Time + Tide Foundation seek to recruit a Programme Officer.
• Fluency in siLozi and English.
• Comfortable living in remote village conditions (no water, electricity, network).
• Confident in leading community meetings and reporting to local authorities.
• Knowledge of sustainable development.
• Knowledge of education for vulnerable youth in Zambia.
• Knowledge of responsible tourism and conservation in Zambia.
• Ability to patiently develop relationships over time with remote. communities and stakeholders.
• Extremely organised and efficient in completing tasks.
• Flexibility in assisting with projects that may fall outside of the immediate job description.
• Confident and eloquent in speaking to and hosting a variety of stakeholders from varying cultural, linguistic and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Experience with the Liuwa Plain National Park, the residents and villages within this geographic location is strongly preferred.
• Experience leading female empowerment programmes an advantage.
• Experience working with children with special needs an advantage.
• Experience in reproductive health and rights awareness an advantage.
• Competency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
• Competency with administering questionnaires, holding focus group discussions, and other monitoring and evaluation data-collection methods.
• Competency with mobilising people, organising community meetings, and working appropriately through local power structures to ensure information is disseminated respectfully.
• Compassion and tolerance for a great diversity of people (ways of life, religion, socio-economic backgrounds), both Zambian and foreign.
Experience and Education:
• Experience working in a rural area of Zambia
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
This will be a full-time position based in the Liuwa Plain National Park between the villages of Munde and Sibemi, with an out-of-park base in the town of Kalabo. The Programme Officer will be expected to be in the villages for a minimum of 2/4 weeks per month, with the base in Kalabo used to attend to necessary administrative work and engage with local stakeholders (DEBS office, MOH, etc).
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send a CV, covering letter explaining your specific interest in the role, and one writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18th of March 2022.
•Certificates are NOT required at this stage.
•Applications that do not follow the instructions above will be considered invalid.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.