Vacancy title: Project Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Ciheb Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ciheb-Zambia is a non-profit local Zambian organization supporting Ministry of Health in the roll out of COVID vaccination and scale up comprehensive HIV prevention and testing services and find the best solutions to life threatening situations among communities in Zambia.
• Reviewing the completeness of the payment documentation (payment to vendor and advance to employee)
• Review that the cheques are recorded in the register every day by sequence)
• preparing daily cash position
• USD-funds transfer dealership with bank.
• Ensure the petty cash spot cheques are done weekly
• Ensure deposits are done timely
• Reviewing vendor invoice
• Enter invoice into Quick Books
• Processing payment in Quick Books
• Enter all transactions in Quick Books
• Receive and review expense report liquidation
• Clear the aging report – post advance liquidations in Quick Books
Procurement and Logistics
• Review bids comparisons
• Review the Local purchase order
Month End Closure
• Reconcile AP acct –Quick Books
• Preparation and submission of Request for in country Funds (RIFS) to the donor by 5th of the following month.
• Reconcile the bank accounts (bank reconciliations) by the 5th of the following month
• Prepare the month end invoices to the donor by the 5th of the following month
• Clear all unpresented and uncleared items on all bank accounts weekly
• Ensure the Loading of monthly documentation on the external hard drive by grant is done timely
• Ensure all the accounting documents are filed
• Ensure all the all-paid documentation are stamped paid
• Ensure all the box files are clearly labeled
• Ensure the tracking and maintaining all assets-capital equipment records
• Ensure that all Procurement documentation are maintained
• Ensure the monthly asset log for additions/disposals is updated timely
Key Working Relationship
Internal: Finance Manager, Procurement, Administration, and all Program Staff.
External: MGIC Finance Team and other Stakeholders
Skills and talents
• Integrity and high level of confidentiality
• Excellent communication, written and oral.
• Good knowledge of Quick Books System.
• Very high level of computer knowledge-internet, word, excel and power point
• Extremely detail oriented and with special attention to accuracy and timely reporting
• Minimum of 5 years experience as an accountant
• Partly qualified and member CIMA/ACCA or ZICA.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance or related field will be an added advantage
• Registered with the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.