Jobs at:Development Aid from People to People (DAPP)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, October 25 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, October 12 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
– Self Help Groups Approach (SHGA), funded by Kindernothilfe (KNH)
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) seeks the services of a Project Accountant under the Kindernothilfe funded Self-help Group Approach Project. The project’s principal objectives are:
1. Improved social and economic well-being for vulnerable women in Southern, Central, Lusaka and Eastern Provinces through participating in Self-Help Groups
2. Improved well-being of children organized in Children’s Groups
3. Strengthen Capacities of 15 Promotion Organisations of which 8 are sub-granted to implement and sustain the Self Help Group Approach
The position is tenable in Lusaka and will report to the project Finance Manager and the National SHGA Coordinator.
1. Main roles and responsibilities
1.1 Ensure that monthly transactions are posted in Pastel Accounting software on a timely basis and maintain accurate record keeping of all transactions.
1.2 Maintain custody of payment vouchers
1.3 Assist in the preparation and monitoring of project estimates/budget.
1.4 Prepare schedules for statutory obligations related to the project.
1.5 Verify the contractual and financial details of each invoice and payment.
1.6 Assist in the preparation of payroll, updating lists of staff and their payments.
1.7 Prepare documentation for audit purposes; producing audit file as required, supporting the coordination, planning, and execution of both the internal and annual audits.
1.8 Produce timely bank reconciliations.
1.9 Document explanations of significant budget variances on a monthly basis.
1.10 Maintain up to date assets registers for the Project and Implementing Partners including undertaking annual asset inventory.
1.11 Perform monthly assets and liabilities reconciliations
1.12 Prepare timely and accurate periodic financial reports, follow up with Implementing Partners Quarterly financial liquidation status.
1.13 Conduct field site visits to ensure consistency with reporting timelines, budgets, and performance indicators among Sub-grantees.
1.14 Monitor and manage sub-grantees to ensure that they meet the expected performance targets and provide capacity building of finance, management and leadership staff.
2.1 Bachelor of Accountancy Degree or equivalent, with at least 3 years’ experience; or Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent with at Least 5 years’ experience
2.2 Paid up member of Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA)
2.3 Intermediate or advanced user of Pastel, Sage 300 ERP or other approved accounting software
DAPP is an equal opportunity employer.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants fulfilling above qualifications shall apply by sending an updated CV as well as an application letter (preferably in one attachment).
• Label the Email and the attachment(s) “SHGA Accountant Application” followed by your name to email@example.com , with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than 15th October, 2023.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.