Vacancy title: Project Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Ministry of Agriculture
Deadline of this Job:
29 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Project Accountant
a) Duty Station. Chiansi Smallholder Outgrower Support Project (COSP)in Kafue
b) Reports to: Project Coordinator
Objectives of the Assignment
The Project Accountant will be responsible for the financial management of the Project. S/He will report to the Project Coordinator and work closely with the Department of Finance in the Ministry of Agriculture,
Duties and Accountability
• Facilitate development of the Project AWP&B
• Ensure that the Project Budget is executed according to Annual Work Plan
• Prepare and le disbursement applications in compliance with AfDs. disbursement procedures and processes consistent with AfDB Disbursement Manual
• Maintain updated accounting records for the Project including asset registers.
• Perform monthly bank account reconciliations, taking appropriate action to correct discrepancies between the Project and Bank records.
• Manage and control all cash and banking transactions including reports
• Ensure timely reporting and feedback on financial transactions related to COSP.
• Prepare quarterly financial reports for submission to AfDB and MOA to be annexed to the interim quarterly progress report (IQPR)
• Prepare financial statements for the Project that comply with AfDB requirements
• Cooperate with Internal and external auditors of the Project to ensure their work is carried out property and on timely basis.
• Ensure that Annual Audits of the Project accounts are undertaken by Auditors and foclitate the submission of the Audited Reports to the Bankin consultation with Project Coordinator
• Ensure that recommendations by Bank Missions internal and external Auditors are timely and propery implemented.
• Undertake any other duties related to the Project accounting that may be assigned by the Project Coordinator.
This is a full time Position for a period of four (4) years (1) Year. (Renewable. Performance Based Contract)
Qualifications and experience:
• Must possess a Degree in Accounting or full professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
• Must be a member of the Zambian Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA);
• Must have at least 6 years of work experience of which 3 years should be at Accounts Assistant level. This experience may have been in the public, private or NGO sectors, but specie private sectorand commercial sector experience would be a pre-requisite for selection
• The job holder must possess advanced working knowledge and skills of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access) and Knowledge of accounting packages (e.g. IFMIS, Pastel, SUN Systems);
• and Must be a Zambian
• Strong managerial skils and demonstrated capacity to manage people and interact with a wide range of private sector partners and government representatives
• Knowledge of work planning, budgeting and reporting: Strong written and oral communication skils in English;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Self-motivated and creative thinker,
• Integrity and honest: and
• Able to work independently, with limited supervision
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should obtain detalled for further Information from address below during office hours i.e 08.00 to 13.00 hours and 14.00 hours to 17.00 hours.
Application letters addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Attention Head Procurement & Supplies Unit, Ministry of Agriculture, should include certified coples of academic/professional certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable references. Applications must be submitted in hard copy to the address below or deposited in the Tender Box at the Ministry of Agriculture Mulungushi House, ground floor by or before 29 August, 2022 before 10:30 hours local time. Envelopes should clearly “Indicate the position applied for” under the Chiansi Smallholder Outgrower Support Project COSP), P-ZM-AA0-039
If submitted in electronic copies, they must be submitted to the email addresses indicated below by the above stated time and date.
Head Procurement and Supplies Unit
Ministry of Agriculture
P.O BOX 50197,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.