Jobs at:Ministry of Green Economy and Environment
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, December 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Project Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Project in deploying project resources with due attention to economy, efficiency and effectiveness project implementation areas under the supervision of the Project Manager.
• To ensure timely preparation, consolidation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for project activities in the province as specified in the financial guidelines of the project;
• To monitor financial compliance and control expenditure vis-à-vis budget ceilings in financial operations of the project in the province;
• To actively participate in the preparation and consolidation of budgets and annual work plans for the project in the province;
• To facilitate timely preparation and submission of withdraw applications for disbursement of funds from the donors to the project designated account;
• Consolidate annual financial statements for audit and ensure that audited financial statements are prepared on time;
• To review district budgets and facilitate processing of funding request to the Project Implementing stations, and other beneficiaries;
• To ensure project financial transactions are appropriately processed and recorded in the financial management system;
• To sensitize staff on the adherence to financial regulations in handling project finances and ensure adherence to the Public Finance Management Act, 2018 or as may be revised; and
• To undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Provincial Project Operations Officer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, full Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), or Chartered Institute Management Accountants (CIMA) or Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) professional or CA Zambia or any other related accounting professional qualification;
• Proof of a full Grade 12 Certificate or its equivalent;
• Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
• Five (5) years” experience in Finance and Financial Reporting, experience working in a Donor-funded organization will be an added advantage;
• Knowledge of the World Bank financial management and disbursement guidelines will be a very strong advantage;
• Excellent computer skills and be conversant in using accounting packages such as Pastel, SUN System, NAVISION, QuickBooks or similar Software;
• Self-starter and ability to work independently, pay careful attention to detail and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; and
• Should have good communication skills and fluency in English.
The contract will be for a period of 36 months only with an initial probation period of 6 months
The Project Accountant shall report to the Project Manager PIU; In addition, the Project Accountant shall collaborate with the Financial Management Specialist at the NPCU.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Sealed application letters with current curriculum vitae (CV) and certified copies of academic/professional qualifications must be deposited in the tender box situated on the Ground Floor, Reception Area at the address below not later than Friday 9th December 2022. The outer envelope must clearly indicate the position applied for.
The Director Human Resources and Administration
Ministry of Green Economy and Environment
Corner of Nationalist and John Mbita Roads,
Old Central Statistics Office Building
P.O Box 30147
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.