Deadline of this Job:
Monday, April 03 2023
Date Posted:Monday, April 03 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for a Project Accountant to provide technical support to the USAID supported Refractive Error and Assistive Technology Community Health (REACH) project, and partners on financial planning, budget utilization and reporting for the implementation of the project including capacity building of Implementing partners. You will join at an exciting time as the project is implemented in an increasing number of districts, providing improved access to eye care and education across Zambia.
Project Accountant key duties and accountabilities include:
• Planning and Budgeting for the Project
• Review and check cost effectiveness of partner proposal budgets
• Interpret projects financial guidelines and contract provisions to project teams and management for compliance.
• Develop and provide grant management support
• Develop Proposal budgets for new proposals
• Grants Management
• Documentation and Retention of Files
• Project and Programme Management
• Availability to travel on a quarterly basis to project sites
• This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
The Project Accountant is an exciting opportunity for someone who has managed large-scale project funds to be a vital part of the implementation of this new project.
• Experience of managing of a project with large scale funding
• Degree in Accounting (ACCA, CIMA)
• Demonstrable working experience within a financial-based role
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
• Experience of working within an NGO environment
• Working knowledge of SUN ACCOUNTS
• Experience of managing USAID funded projects
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply using the below link:
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place from Mid-April onwards and the evaluation process will include an assessment task followed by an in-person interview.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.