Vacancy title: Project Engineer – PFS[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Mining , Category: Science & Engineering ]
Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Project Engineer – Pre-Feasibility Study to join the Mineral Resources Department.
Reporting to the Feasibility Manager, the successful applicant will be accountable for executing the PFS programs, provide leadership, strategy and systems that deliver optimal evaluation and development of the Pre-feasibility study in our existing mine (Lumwana Mining Company) and the regional targets. Manage the addition of more pounds of copper to inventory and mineral resource through the drilling and evaluation of the additional resources around the mine and via Brownfield programs utilizing efficient and effective budget. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure on time delivery of engineering inputs into PFS.
• Ensure PFS Department members and associated contractors have Zero LTIs.
• Be proactive in approaching and building teamwork with department team members
• Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the PFS project.
• Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
• Interact daily with stakeholders and consultants to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
• Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
• Assign responsibilities and mentor project team
• Co-operate and communicate effectively with PFS manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
• Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
• Participate in program planning to ensure that programs are designed considering alternative options, costs, target rankings (and are in line with Life of Mine strategy)
• Participate in review of Brownfields targets and rankings, and development of staged evaluation programs
• Develop detailed documentation to justify proposed PFS programs to support Capital applications and Budgets
• Participate in reducing overall PFS costs through effective management, option analysis, minimizing delay times, control of consumables etc.
• Ensure optimal drilling/study schedule is adhered to and deliver priority targets in timely manner
• Ensure the PFS Project is managed effectively to deliver datasets for Mine Planning updates and engineering studies in line with the Mine Planning cycle and PFS requirements. The incumbent will also be required to evaluate and critically analyse engineering studies and mine plans.
• Help in technical development of technical team geoscientists/engineers; identify high performers and align for advancement
• Contractor managements and ensuring working in corruption free environment
• Ensure Brownfields opportunities are reviewed / updated, ranked, and staged programs defined, scheduled, and cost accounted. Justification presented to PFS Manager for consideration.
• Ensure Drilling programs and engineering studies are progressing as planned in a safe manner with works completed according to plan. Progress and results are communicated to management in timely fashion
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
• BSc Geology/BEng in Mining Engineering
• Member of the SEG, GSZ, EIZ or equivalent
• 4 years’ experience in the technical environment of the CACB (Central African Copperbelt).
• Experience in managing project teams/engineering studies
• Hands on experience in engineering design work, project planning and managing technical/financial studies.
• Understanding of the mine value chain
• Understanding of the roles and contribution of the sub disciplines of MRM (Geology, Geotech and Survey).
• Understanding of the roles and contribution of the other disciplines (Process, Mining, environmental, sustainability, infrastructure, maintenance)
• Knowledge in CAD or mine planning software (Vulcan software, AutoCAD, Deswik)
• Practical hands-on knowledge in engineering environments.
• Knowledge of economic geology and mineral economics would be an advantage
• Valid driving license – Manual
• Project management
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Business improvement tools
Barrick – Lumwana employees that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs through http://jobs.barrick.com/ .
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.