Vacancy title: Project Finance and Contracts Specialist[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:National Authorising Officer of the European Development Fund (NAO)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 30 2023
Date Posted: Monday, June 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client, the National Authorising Officer of the European Development Fund (NAO) in the Ministry of Finance (MoF), the contracting authority for the service contract and the Programme Estimate for the Zambia Energy Efficiency Sustainable Transformation Project (ZE2ST) has engaged Career Prospects Limited to recruit, on their behalf, suitably qualified, experienced, innovative, dynamic and results-oriented professionals, with a high level of integrity to join the Project Technical Assistance Team.
The European Union has proposed to support the hamessing of the potential for energy efficiency and conservation investments in Zambia through the Zambia Energy Efficiency Sustainable Transformation Project (ZE2ST). The ZE2ST Project includes a Programme Estimate (PE) supported by the decision ZM/FED/040-803 financed under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF). ZEEST aims at mobilising energy savings, energy services and demand side management. This is in order to make energy efficiency count in Zambia. ZEEST will be implemented through policy work, promotion of sustainable investments and job creation as well as strengthening state, societal and community resilience.
ZEEST has two strategic objectives (SOS); to unlock the potential of the private sector to contribute to the attainment of national energy efficiency and climate resilience goals; and to stimulate demand side management by the power utility as well as contribute to improved management of outages, thefts and distribution losses.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, Ministry of Energy/Imprest Accounting Officer the incumbent will be expected to provide accounting, financial and procurement management services to the Imprest component of the of the ZE2ST Programme Estimate, in compliance with the EU/EDF rules and procedures.
Key Accountabilities (Include but are not limited to);
• Providing assistance to programme planning and implementation processes of the Programme Estimate;
• Preparing requests for pre-financing payments:
• Advising the Imprest Administrator and Imprest Accounting Officer, and their substitutes on procurement activities, rules and procedures;
• Design, manage and provide oversight of all services and supply contracts; including preparation of Tender Documents; and ensuring that contracts comply with EU regulations and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Financial Management, Public Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related area from a recognized university/Institution or a professional qualification with ZICA, CPA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent.
• A Master's degree will be an added advantage.
• Qualification in purchasing and supply management will be an added advantage.
• Member of ZICA
• Minimum of six (6) years of post-graduation working experience.
• Experience of working in procurement, budgeting, accounting and finance in the public sector and/or parastatal sector.
• Knowledge of EDF procurement rules and contract management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates meeting the above qualifications should email their CV to: jobs@careerprospects limited.com with a copy to email@example.com. The closing date for receiving applications is; 30th June, 2023. For more details please visit: www.careerprospectslimited.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.