Project Implementation Lead
Jobs at:Koloso-Application Technology Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, August 14 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Introduction to Koloso
Koloso- Application Technology Zambia Limited is an innovative for-profit edtech start-up. Work on project Koloso started in October 2022, and we loaded our first test version of the Koloso mobile app to the Android Play Store and the iOS App Store in March 2023.
Koloso is a platform designed and built around the concept of “social gaming for learning” for child and adult learning. Designed to become a multi-subject platform, Koloso is initially focused on mathematics and mental arithmetic.
We are committed to changing the way students learn and teachers teach by providing cutting-edge digital solutions. As a rapidly growing start-up, we are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Sales and Marketing Lead to join our team and drive the sales and marketing efforts of our revolutionary EdTech product.
Employment Period : Fixed-term (to June 2024), renewable contract
2. Areas of responsibility
The Project Implementation Lead (PIL) is responsible to the Koloso Founders for designing, updating and delivering the Koloso Project Implementation Plan (PIP). The PIP will encompass the following areas of the Koloso project, to product market fit and beyond.
1. Project delivery: The PIL is responsible for planning, monitoring and updating the Koloso project timing of project delivery – ensuring that realistic deadlines are set and achieved across the implementation team.
2.Project cost management: The PIL is responsible for developing project implementation budgets and monitoring spending and any associated variances across all activities to ensure that costs are kept within agreed budgets.
3.Project reporting: The PIL will prepare and present monthly progress reports to the Founder Team, highlighting achievements and any missed implementation targets, ensuring that a suitable remediation/mitigation plan is in place where activities are behind schedule.
1. Product concept and development: The PIL will work with the founder team to ensure that the Koloso product vision (the purpose and style of Koloso) is clearly articulated and communicated internally and externally, and that the product vision is updated as necessary to incorporate user feedback.
2. Technical implementation: The PIL will work with the outsourced technical service providers to ensure that the Koloso product development plans are translated into technical specifications and that the end product is in line with specifications, user feedback and the Koloso product vision.
3.UX/UI implementation: The PIL will work with the UX/UI consultant to ensure that the Koloso product experience is aligned with user feedback and the Koloso product vision.
1. Third party finance: The PIL is responsible for working with the Founders to identify and engage with external finance providers (e.g. angel investors, venture capital providers etc).
2. Investment planning: The PIL is responsible for preparing annual investment plans for approval by the Founders and ensuring that finance is in place to implement the investment plan.
3. Person profile
The Founders envisage that the successful candidate for this position will fit the following profile:
• Deep understanding of tech project implementation: Demonstrated understanding and hands-on experience of managing the design and development of tech products, with preference given to an individual with experience of working with start-ups in Zambia or comparable developing countries.
• Large and complex project implementation: More than 10 years professional experience as a project manager (or similar executive position) with a demonstrated record of delivering against targets in challenging environments.
• Investment finance: Significant experience of working with Zambian and international investors, understanding of investor requirements and extensive networks into relevant investor circles, and experience of raising or facilitating multi-million investment.
• Working in Zambia or similar developing country environments: More than 10 years of relevant professional experience in Zambia or comparable developing countries.
• Financial management: Considerable experience of management accounting (budgeting, cost management, management reporting), with preference given to an individual with relevant management or financial accounting qualifications.
• Board/founder reporting: Significant experience of working with a founder team and deep understanding of the reporting requirements associated with a privately held high growth company.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked “Project Implementation Lead” in the subject line no later than 17.00 (Lusaka time) on 14th August 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.