Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability (PEFA) Assessment in Zambia
Jobs at:VJW International
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 30 2023
Date Posted: Friday, November 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• We have received a request from the European Commission for a project that could align with your expertise: The Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability (PEFA) assessment in Zambia, 2020-2022. This project is integral to Zambia’s strategy to enhance public financial management systems.
• Global Objective: To assess PFM performance in Zambia using the PEFA 2016 framework. The last PEFA assessment was in 2017.
• Specific Objectives:
1. Provide an updated and clear picture of Zambia’s PFM performance.
2. Facilitate PFM dialogue among stakeholders.
3. Offer evidence for government’s PFM Reform Strategy and future partner support.
Location and Duration:
• Location: Lusaka, Zambia with some field missions within Lusaka province.
• Start Date: 14/01/2024
• Duration: 8 months (indicative end date: 10/09/2024)
• Team Composition: Three experts with master’s degrees (or equivalent) in relevant fields (economics, public administration, accounting, etc.).
• Professional Experience:
• At least one expert with experience in leading a project team in PFM.
• Expertise in PEFA methodology.
• Experience with budgetary and extra-budgetary units, public corporations, or state-owned enterprises.
• Specific professional experiences as outlined in the detailed requirements.
• Language Skills: Fluency in English (C1 level or equivalent) for all team members.
• CAT I Experts (8 years of PFM experience): 65 and 80 working days.
• CAT II Expert (5 years of experience in COMESA member states): 80 working days.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• If you are interested, please indicate the position you are applying for and send an updated EU-formatted CV highlighting relevant experience. Also, include your desired fee rate and confirm your availability for the project period.
• Application Deadline: 21/11/2023
• This is a unique opportunity to contribute to Zambia’s economic development and public financial management improvement. We look forward to your applications and the expertise you can bring to this crucial project.
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.