Public Finance for Climate Assistant
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, August 01 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mission and objectives
• UNICEF helps build a world where the rights of every child are fully realized. It is our conviction that nurturing and caring for children are the cornerstones of human progress. UNICEF was created in 1946 to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child’s path. It has global authority to influence decision-makers, and a wide variety of partners at grassroots level to turn the most innovative ideas into reality. For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and Governments.
• Children and women are the worst impacted by climate change. To advocate for better resources for women and children, there is need to understand Government fiscal commitment to the cause through budget analysis. This position will contribute towards understanding the adequacy, efficiency and effectiveness of Government budgets towards climate change with a focus on women and children.
Under the direct supervision of the Social Policy Specialist, the Public Finance for Climate Assistant will perform the following tasks:
• Assist to conduct a desk review of climate change financing and budget frameworks
• Assist to develop a climate change budget analysis framework for UNICEF Zambia
• As part of a team, collect, collate and interpret Government spending on climate change
• Support the production a budget brief for climate change
• As part of a team and based on analysis, suggest advocacy points for improved climate financing
• Perform any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
0 years of experience in
• Economics, Public Finance, Development Studies;
• Skills in community development;
• Good communication skills.
Area(s) of expertise
Economics and finance
English, Level: Fluent, Desirable
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Economics, Public Finance, Development Studies or related fields.
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and Flexibility
• Commitment and Motivation
• Ethics and Values
• Respect for Diversity
• Working in Teams
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.