Public Financial Management Reforms Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2023
Date Posted: Monday, June 12, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Supporting programme management in the conceptual design of programme outputs relating to fiscal sustainability and allocative and operational efficiency.
• Co-operating with the counterparts in designing and implementing the program activities, specifically MoFNP in steering and implementing of cross-cutting Public Financial Management (PFM) reforms, as well as finalizing and implementing the fiscal risk framework.
• Overseeing the implementation of activities and workstreams to achieve results according to the log frame/results matrix in close consultation with counterparts to ensure that the services provided are aligned with the partners’ needs. This includes identifying bottlenecks in project implementation and recommending adjustments of operational and strategic plans, as well as monitoring of risks, changes and progress in the area of intervention.
• Cooperating with the programme output on organizational and change management on selected business process re-organisation efforts.
• Providing technical inputs for overarching project areas such as reporting, monitoring and evaluation, or contracting processes in the project in close cooperation with the procurement officer.
• Responsible for designing, preparing and implementing workshops, seminars or other events on issues connected with the area of activity, both individually and with other team members.
• Preparing Terms of Reference for short-term experts to support the team in advising programme partners in his/her area of expertise.
• Responsible for networking with consultants, donors, research institutions etc. on a technical level as is necessary to perform the tasks; including technical backstopping for the CL in the representation of the project in regard to other international development partners.
• Cooperating with other GIZ programmes to exploit synergies and avoid overlaps.
• The Technical Advisor also performs other duties and tasks at the request of programme management.
• Bachelor’s degree and / or Master’s degree in Economics, Public Administration, Financial Management, Law
• Practical work experience in Sub-Sahara Africa on supporting overall PFM reform planning, design and implementation.
Other knowledge and additional competences:
• Experience in advising governments on management of fiscal risks, including knowledge of related international standards, tools and instruments
• Sound understanding and practical experience with PFM diagnostics
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Must be highly adaptable, flexible, proactive, and able to work under pressure
• Reliability, sensitivity to political economy, trusted counterpart and negotiator
• Willingness to work in an intercultural environment
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.