Vacancy title: Reconciliation Clerk – Finance Department (Nakambala)[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Manufacturing , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:Zambia Sugar
Deadline of this Job:
26 August 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PERMANENT x 1
TEMPORAL x 1 (4 months)
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Reconciliation Clerk in the Finance Department, based at the Nakambala offices in Mazabuka. The position reports to the Procure to Pay (P2P) Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for reconciling accounts and escalating queries timeously to relevant departments.
Key Performance Areas
• Work with the Capture Clerks on a day-to-day basis and coordinate their work
• Ensure that the Capture Clerks perform the 6-point check before processing invoices
• Ensure the required daily average number of invoices is captured by the Capture Clerks on a daily basis, to avoid delays in payment as per KPI’s
• Ensure that supplier terms are adhered to and that payments are made on time
• Review all outstanding items on Goods Received Note (GRN) suspense account on a daily basis and ensure that items older than 60 days are resolved
• Ensure that all outstanding queries are referred timeously to the relevant departments/ End users and ensure these queries are escalated to the relevant Manager, should they not receive the adequate response timeously
• Ensure that all invoice queries are followed up by the P2P Capture Clerks on a daily basis
• Perform the required average number of Creditor Reconciliations on a daily basis as per agreed KPI’s
• Ensure reconciliations are accurate and completed by the due date as specified in the Ledger calendar
• Ensure critical payments are made on due date
• Address and resolve vendor and mill queries as required
• Route vendor related invoice queries to the relevant department /End user within 24 hours of processing the relevant reconciliation and ensure these queries are escalated to the relevant Manager, should a response not be received within 3 days, from the relevant Department / End User
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on an ongoing basis to resolve all queries identified while reconciling vendor accounts
• Ensure query procedures are followed by all external parties
• Ensure queries are logged and resolved efficiently and effectively
• Provide daily updates per query to the P2P Manager on progress updates on all queries identified during performance of reconciliations
• Authorize and release rapid invoices according to the Delegation of Authority (DOA)
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
• Grade 12 Certifcate (or Equivalent)
• Natech / AAT /CABS/ Diploma / and part qualified CIMA / ACCA / CA Zambia/ Equivalent
• Minimum of 1 year working experience in Finance
• Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) Member
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of HR Business Partner
Email: email@example.com indicating “Application – Reconciliation Clerk” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is Friday 26th August 2022.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.