Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
01 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, June 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Refrigeration Technician.
Reporting to the Instrumentation Supervisor, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
• Install, maintain, diagnose faults, and repair electrical wiring problems and re-gassing
• Diagnose, service and repair faults on Air cons and Cold-rooms across site
• Test, replace, and install equipment such as generators, alternators and other devices
• Clean and test components and conduct regular servicing of equipment.
• Ensure hazardous substances are disposed of appropriately and Health Safety and Environment (HSE) requirements are met
• Any other duties as directed by the Supervisor
• Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel at all times.
• The position will be expected to positively impact and contribute to the performance of the company through leadership and individual activity.
• Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist immediate supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
• Technician/Craft Certificate-Refrigeration & Aircon.
• Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
• Sound understanding and experience of the principles of Refrigeration.
• Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian driver’s license
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.