Vacancy title: Replenishment and Expediting Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Manufacturing , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:Chilanga Cement
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, May 29 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chilanga Cement is the leading supplier of building materials and major construction solutions provider in Zambia and the regional market. The Company operates a network of facilities, which includes two integrated Cement plants (with a combined capacity of 1,500,000 tonnes per annum) in Chilanga and Ndola, and distributes by road and rail to all corners of the country and southern Africa.
Joining Chilanga Cement means being part of a successful organization that builds its business strategy around product innovation. For Chilanga Cement, People Development is an investment in the future. Training and skills development means employees can take control of their own careers; everyone builds their own rich and diversified career portfolio. You hold the keys to your success!
Chilanga Cement, Ndola Plant, is looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individual to take up the role of:
Position: Replenishment and Expediting Officer
Number Required: One (1)
Reports To: Stores Controller
Location/Department: Ndola, Optimization
Overall Mission of the Role:
The overall mission of the role in line with the Organizational framework is to: –
• Carry out all store’s activities in compliance with the Chilanga Cement Safety Standards i.e., ensuring good housekeeping as assigned by Stores Supervisor for all received items, no over- crowding of the receiving bay and safe binning of received items
• Ensure that stock levels are maintained at optimum levels by ordering and expediting all spares without over or under stocking of the number of items kept in stock
• Use and maintain the stores management system so that it reflects the correct information for use by all stores personnel and the end users of the stock items
• Regularly follow up with suppliers regarding outstanding deliveries and ensure that they are received promptly.
• Ensure that all consumables and items which can readily be obtained from Lusaka suppliers are maintained at bear minimum stock levels.
• Runs Replenishment Report to determine which items have reached ROP
• Evaluates and reviews regularly with Maintenance ROP, EOQ, Stock Category
• Places/raises OQs for items on ROP after validating with end-user need to replenish and ensures all purchase requests from end users are fully verified physically for availability before placing orders
• Carries out cycle counts as may be required
• Follows up on orders in the purchasing approval process to ensure all orders are issued within the SLA
• Follows up with procurement to ensure orders for all items received on emergency orders are processed without delay
• Determines and resolves issues with suppliers that might be threatening on time delivery of items
• Makes suggestions on how the system can be enhanced to improve supplier performance
• Works with procurement to evaluate supplier performance so that poor performers are not considered for future contracts
• Evaluates items descriptions and specifications to ensure the supplier delivers the correct items
• Ensures that for orders greater than EOQ there should be approved justification from end users to explain the abnormal requirement
• Maintains JDE/Maximo by ensuring that it is always up to date for all users
• Checks for Repairable items before placing orders
• Checks for previous orders before placing an order to prevent duplication of orders
• Performs any other duties as assigned by superiors.
Qualifications, Experience and skills required:
• Grade 12 with 5 ‘O’ levels
• Degree/Advanced Diploma in Purchasing & Supply
• Technical qualification in either the electrical or mechanical discipline will be an added advantage
• Good level of computer literacy in MS Office programs
• Good understanding of the Stores management system (Maximo, JDE, etc)
• Must be a Member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply &/ other relevant Professional body
• At least 3 – 5 years hands-on experience in a mining /manufacturing industry.
Technical Skills required:
• Good knowledge of equipment and components used in the operational plant
• Basic knowledge of semi-finished and end products and processes from quarry to dispatch
• Good knowledge of general accountancy rules and processes applied in the company
• Good knowledge of the workings of the stores systems
• Good knowledge of financial analysis
• Knowledge of inventory logistics and control
Other Skills required:
• Negotiation skills
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Decision –making
• Work independently
• Take initiative
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants may send their application letters and Curriculum Vitae to the under-listed no later than , 29th May 2023. Applicants do not need to send copies of their qualifications at this stage.
Applicants should ensure that the position they are applying for is clearly written in the subject of the email. Only emailed applications will be accepted and should be sent to:
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Please also note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.