Request for Expression of Interest (Consulting services - Firms Selection) at Zambezi River Authority
Consultancy for Design of an Early Warning System (EWS) for the Kariba Dam and its downstream extending to the border with Mozambique and Supervision for the EWS Equipment Supply, Customization, Installation, Testing, Training and Commissioning
Country: Zambia and Zimbabwe
Name of Project: Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project
Loan No. / Credit No. /TF No./ Grant No. (ADF Loan 2100150032548; ADF Grant
Project ID No. P146575
2100155029116; TSF Grant 590015; WBG Cr#5563-ZM)
Reference No: ZRA-KDRP-C-01-23
Learn more about Zambezi River Authority
Zambezi River Authority jobs in Zambia
Assignment Title: Early Warning System Design and Supervision of Equipment Installation and Commissioning
1. The Zambezi River Authority ("the Authority") received financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB), European Union, the Swedish Government and the World Bank's International Development Associations (IDA) towards the cost of the Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the employment of a Consultant Firm to design an Early Warning System and subsequent supervision of the Early Warning System equipment supply, customization, equipment installation, training and commissioning.
2. The Authority is a corporate body jointly and equally owned by the Governments of Zambia and Zimbabwe ("Contracting States") and is mandated with the management of the Kariba Complex and the stretch of the Zambezi River (from Kazungula to Kanyemba) forming a common border between the two Contracting States.
3. The scope for consulting services ("the Services") include;
i. Design the system and prepare detailed description with defined number, type, location, characteristics and operating requirements of the system's different components, and budget estimates to put the system in place.
ii. Propose appropriate procurement method and type of contract for the second phase with argumentation of pros and cons (For example, Goods /Non consulting services or Invitation to Bid Single Stage/One Envelope or Invitation to Bid Two Stage).
iii. Based on the decision regarding procurement method prepare tender documents for procurement of equipment and software (with customization if/as required), including specifications and bill of quantities.
iv. Assist the Client (ZRA) in contracting and negotiating the second contract for "Supply, Customization, Installation, testing. Training and Commissioning of the Early Warning System". The scope includes assistance to respond to clarifications from Bidders, assistance during evaluation and all associated tendering process. Zambezi River Authority will however remain fully responsible for the procurement process.
v. Carryout supervision of installation works up to commissioning.
The Draft Terms of Reference for the Consulting Services can be inspected on the Authority's website: www.zambezira.org
4. The Zambezi River Authority now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") with specific experience to indicate their interest in providing the required Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
I. The firm's core business being in the area of the proposed assignment. The firm should neither have participated nor provided input forming, partly or in full, the basis for the development of the Terms of Reference. This includes undertaking of related studies whose outputs, the client might have relied upon in developing the Terms of Reference.
II. Specific experience demonstrating capability through proven record/s of having carried out similar assignments (Early Warning System design) for at least three (03) similar/closely related projects in the last fifteen (15) years. Similar or closely related projects/scenarios include EWSS for dam failure flooding. EWS for flooding due to Tsunamis on Islands and oceanic shore areas and EWS for Nuclear Power Plants among others.
III. Specific experience demonstrating capability and evidence of having carried out similar assignments must include the following details;
(a) Name of client to which service/assignment of similar nature was provided and duration. Include physical address, contact name, email and cell/phone numbers. (b) Name and location of the project or assignment, year undertaken.
(c) Value of the assignment(s), and
(d) Your role/responsibility in the identified assignment.
Iv At least Ten (10) years specific experience in the subject assignment of design of EWS.
v. The firm's company profile, detailing the firm's shareholding structure; information on the firm(s) Directors and its representatives (if any), the Name, Nationality, Address Telephone and E-mail and firm's Certification of Incorporation or Registration. The consultant's key staff which will be requested at Request for Proposal (RFQ) stage should comprise a team of experts with extensive experience in similar assignments involving design of an Early Warning System and supervision for the Early Warning System equipment supply, customization, training and commissioning. The CVs of the Experts, the financial proposal and technical proposal are not required at this stage. The assignment is planned to start in in May 2023.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Least Cost Selection method set out in World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 edition ("Consultant Guidelines").
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during working hours from 0800 hours to 1630 hours local time or Email: Langton. Pfaira@zambezira.org
5. The Expressions of interest, including a signed cover letter, shall be submitted Electronically in PDF on or before 31st March 2023, 1600hrs on the following E-MAIL TENDER BOX address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Expressions of interest must be addressed to.
The Chief Executive
Zambezi River Authority
Kariba House, 32 Cha Cha Cha Road
Tel.: +260 211 227970-3
Att: Manager Procurement
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.