Vacancy title: Restaurant Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources , Category: Management ]
Jobs at: Fortune Foods Limited
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The restaurant Manager will be working under the supervision of the regional Operations Manager and GM, the restaurant Manager will have to plan, organize, direct and control the daily business running of the restaurant to the satisfaction of the customers and ensuring that sales are maximized, daily targets are achieved, brand integrity is maintained, ensure hygiene standards are maintained, and targeted profitability is achieved.
The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
• Cash-& Staff management
• Clent service and legal compliance
• Customer Expectations & Service Ethics
• Delegation & Issuing Instruction
• Facilitating Waiter Contacts to Improve Results
• Teaching Waitrons Suggestive Selling Course
• Front of House Management & Service
• Handling Complaints
• Back of House Management
• Complaints Prevention & Management
• Assertive Communication Skills
• Products Preparation & Hygiene
• Manage Restaurant Hygiene
• Stock Control
• Food Cost
• Determines shift stock requirements for issuing
• Physically checks kitchen stocks against the previous shift’s closings
• Ensures daily that cash takings are well looked after and safely banked every shift as per the set procedure
• Ensures daily that trading hours are adhered to and that the shop is never left without management
• Should account daily for any stock and monetary discrepancies that may occur to ensure the safety of all assets through personal strict adherence to end-of-day closing down procedures
• Checks staff arrival times and conduct a team briefing and hygiene check and that all staff reports on duty on time in neat and complete uniforms
• Ensures the availability of all menu items at the time of opening the shop (100% menu offering)
• Coordinates all issues in the kitchen and action any unavailable stock
• Conducts machinery and equipment checks to ensure all assets are operational and have no built-up of dirt or grease. Action where necessary
• Ensures all repairs and maintenance requirements are identified and auctioned accordingly
• Physically count stock and floats together with the incoming and outgoing shift managers
• Controls and is responsible for all the petty cash and floats utilized for the restaurant and ensuring that proper handovers are done to minimize thefts and petty cash discrepancies
• Ensure efficient flow of service
• Staff Discipline & staff welfare
Skills and Attributes:
• Self-motivated and proactive with a high level of compassion, empathy and integrity
• Strongly believes in collaboration and teamwork
• Proven ability to deal effectively with and resolve conflict and confrontation
• Results and impact-oriented
• Highly focused, result driven
• Be presentable and have a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
• A pleasant personality and able to communicate well with customers and staff at a higher level
• Have excellent people skills and a strong sense of urgency and bias to action
• Highly focused, result driven and outstanding organisational skills
• Should be computer literate
• Leadership ability
• GCE O’Level Certificate
• Certificate or Advanced Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Management/Hospitality
• Management/Food production or Related Field
• At least two years’ experience in the hospitality industry and managing a busy restaurant
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Only candidates who meet the specified qualifications should apply. Please submit an application with the following:
Cover Letter – describing of why you are suitable for the Restaurant Manager role
Curriculum Vitae (CV) – describing your experience, qualifications and at least 3 traceable referees.
Send via email the stated documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure to indicate in the email subject line the position you are applying for.
Closing Date: 31st July 2022 at 15:00hrs. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Fortune Foods takes equal opportunity seriously – by choice. All are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.