Vacancy title: Retail Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Talent House
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our clients are seeking a talented individual to fill up the role of Retail Accountant to be reporting to the senior accountant, as well as to provide support to the finance and controls department by coordinating daily accounting activities, creating journal entries in the ledger, preparing tax returns and developing financial statements of the department.
Bata shoe company limited, is a manufacturing company which has been in operations since 1937, with its operations in lusaka where it produces Zambia’s favourite gumboots (the mukuwa and rain master). For over 13 decades, Bata has been on the leading edge of footwear design. Today, professionals in Bata’s Shoe Innovation Centers around the world continue the tradition of innovation as they dedicate themselves to discovering new shoe materials, developing modern shoe technologies, and creating fresh footwear that marries style with comfort.
About the role
The role requires an individual with knowledge on International Accounting Standards, chart of authorities and how to go around the finance risk controls matrix. You must be up to date with different government legislations such as VAT Act, income Tax Act and PAYE guide. Must equally have knowledge on adonis guide as well as BSO accounting procedures and guidelines and managing of internal memos and travel plans.
• Ensure BSO procedures for shop operations are followed and report significant variances.
• Assist in the updating of the shop operations procedures and guidelines together with internal audit.
• Ensure that store turnover reconciles to Posworx
• Ensure all the shop expenses are properly authorized.
• Controlling of all Retail and Stores Expenses and Utility Bills.
• Ensure that all store expenses reconcile to Posworx
• Preparation of store profitability Reports on a monthly basis.
• Ensure that associate commissions are validated and paid on or before Thursday after monthly closing per BSO calendar.
• Ensure that the associate’s account statements are properly reconciled.
• Maintaining a monthly cumulative track of all outlets’ Turnover, expenses, pairs, stock, and discounts statistics.
• Ensure ADONIS and Posworx information agrees and is accurate.
• Prepare assigned SMART input in time.
• Any other duty which may be assigned by superiors including Intercompany confirmations and selected MMR reports upload and reconciliations.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Accounting from a reputable institution
CIMA level 2/ACCA Level 2
• Bachelors in accounting will be added advantage
• At least Four (4) years experience in accounting or similar role
• Must be a ZICA member or equivalent
• Exceptional knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and accounting procedures
• Proficient in MS Excel, data entry, and an accounting software
• Can maintain strict confidentiality when handling financial data
• Attention to detail, analytical skills
• Good Spoken and written communication skills
The incumbent will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your CV to email@example.com . Indicate clearly which role you are applying for in the subject line.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.