SARO Regional Finance Manager
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, September 06 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
You ensure a high level of resource stewardship, strict financial accountability and financial risk management while ensuring the effectiveness and robustness of Country Programs (CPs) covered by the Southern Africa Regional Office (SARO) and relevant partners’ financial management systems, processes, and practices in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You anticipate and manage financial management services needs and delivery challenges, and identify and implement improvement solutions, as needed, to minimize CPs and partners’ exposure to financial risk.
The Finance Manager will work across Southern Africa and supporting the following countries: Madagascar, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Lesotho and Mozambique, with potential additional countries as needed throughout the Southern African region.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Develop and manage financial processes in accordance with policies and provide proactive service delivery, advice, and support to managers, staff, and subrecipients in relation to managing the whole project cycle (Design, Start-up, Implementation, Close-out), ensuring efficiency and compliance with CRS’ policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements.
• Provide direction and coordination of effective budget development and management (Annual Program Plans and project budgets), ensuring accuracy and consistency of financial data and safeguarding of resources.
• Ensure integrity of accounting information by reviewing account issues for compliance and establishing quality control over accounting transactions and financial reporting. Oversee maintenance of supporting documentation for a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
• Support CPs as needed to prepare budgets and various sections of the cost proposal as well as review sub-grant/subcontract budgets and cost proposal materials prior to submission to the donor.
• Lead the preparation of accurate financial data, analysis and projections and support the Senior Management Team and Program/Project Managers in interpreting data for decision-making and effectively managing financial risks.
• Lead finance trainings for finance and for non-finance staff in SARO.
• Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
• Oversee the performance of accurate reporting procedures and timely submission of reports to relevant stakeholders (CP managers, Regional Office, HQ/Finance, donors, local government entities).
• Lead assessment of staff and subrecipients’ financial management capacity, ensure capacity strengthening on finance policies and regulations, as needed, and monitor and measure impact.
• Lead efforts to close audit financial management findings in a timely and sustainable way.
• Fill in for Finance Managers when on leave and as needed.
• B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent). MBA or Master’s degree in related field with a focus on Accounting preferred. A professional certification in Accounting or a related field highly preferred.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position, preferably with an International NGO.
• Additional education may substitute for some experience.
Required Languages – Excellent English and oral and written communication skills required. Proficiency in French and Portuguese is an added advantage.
Travel – The position requires up to 40% travel within the SARO region depending on need.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
• Very good planning, monitoring and organizational skills.
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
• Ability to work collaboratively.
• Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations highly preferred.
• Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
• Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
• Staff management experience.
• Strong experience in presenting and facilitating on financial management topics.
• Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of Oracle financial reporting software highly preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.