Vacancy title: School Support Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Internet , Category: Colleges, Universities & Schools ]
Jobs at: Impact Network
Deadline of this Job:
07 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambia Impact Network Limited (ZINL) works with the Ministry of General Education in its efforts to achieve universal primary education. Founded in 2009, ZINL is a Zambia-based non-profit organization that is working to improve the quality of education in community schools in Zambia. ZINL is based in Katete and has expanded its project to Sinda and Petauke Districts. ZINL is an equal opportunity employer. For more information see: www.impactnetwork.org.
The School Support Manager is responsible for overseeing special support programs for learners which include the literacy intervention programs, guidance counseling and child protection programming as well as child protection casework at Impact Network schools in Petauke and Sinda districts. The key aim of this role is to ensure high quality and thoughtful prevention and intervention programming for Impact Network students. This position requires excellent coordination and communication skills and knowledge of how to support the improvement of educational quality in rural schools. Responsibilities and expectations include:
Overseeing School Support Programs:
• Coordinate and supervise school support programs to ensure that the school support program and child protection efforts are implemented well. These programs include guided reading, life skills and sexuality workshops, homeroom lessons, catch up lessons, as well as child protection support and counseling.
• Review weekly and monthly data regarding literacy and child protection efforts to provide feedback and advice to staff under your supervision on how they can better support teachers and students.
• Act as a liaison between the special support programs staff and the Head of Academics, as well as other middle management staff, to ensure good communication, timely submission of reports and quality outputs.
• Work closely with the School Support Manager for Katete schools to ensure continuity of programming across all Impact Network Schools.
Oversee Child Protection Programming and Cases:
• Report on all concerns and/or incidents of child protection.
• Work with designated staff on further investigations including, but not limited to:
• Coordinate and conduct initial investigation of child abuse allegations to determine if external or internal measures are necessary.
• Ensure a high standard of confidentiality in all reporting.
• Practice clear communication with direct supervisors and stakeholders.
• Promoting Child protection activities and working with field staff to prevent and address Child Protection cases.
• Ensure continual implementation of the Child Protection Policy including training, sensitizations and advocacy.
• Conduct follow-ups and home visits as needed
• Coordinate with the district Social Welfare on matters regarding: child sexual abuse, neglect etc.
• Coordinate with other stakeholders; follow up on each case and provide adequate feedback.
• Ensure all reporting is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Support the Academic Team in developing teacher training content and ensure effective monthly and termly teacher training sessions.
• Visit school sites on a weekly basis and attend meetings at head office on a weekly basis.
• Liaise with the Operations Team regarding specific program needs on an as needed basis.
• Additional tasks based on organizational needs.
• Candidates should possess a teaching diploma and have 2+ years relevant work experience in primary education or social work.
• Ability to build effective working relationships and present diplomatic solutions to obstacles encountered.
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal in Cinyanja and English.
• Tech skills: Typing, E-mail, Word, Excel, smartphone usage, scanning.
• Punctuality, reliability and attention to detail.
• Exceptionally organized with strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• The ability to troubleshoot and provide reasonable solutions as problems arise.
• Willing to work weekends.
• Experience working in rural settings with minimal resources a plus.
• Experience managing staff across several sites a plus.
• Experience managing a team within a rural NGO setting a plus.
• Class A license for a motorbike will be an added advantage.
This position is based in Eastern province.
Compensation is based on education, experience and suitability for the role.
• Exceptionally organized with strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines. • The ability to troubleshoot and provide reasonable solutions as problems arise. • Willing to work weekends. ">
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.