Vacancy title: Senior Accountant – Head Office[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Manufacturing , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Zambeef Products
Deadline of this Job:
03 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambeef Products PLC is the largest integrated cold chain food products and agribusiness company in Zambia and one of the largest in the Southern Africa region. It is involved in the primary production, processing, distribution and retailing of beef, chicken, pork, eggs, dairy, fish, flour, stock feed and day-old chicks throughout Zambia and the surrounding region.
Zambeef Products PLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic candidate for the role outlined below. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT – HEAD OFFICE (01)
The Required Skills for this Role Include:
• Capturing all forex payments into evolution in readiness for bank reconciliation on a weekly basis.
• Ensuring that all cashbook postings are done daily to facilitate a smooth flow of bank reconciliation.
• Reviewing all outstanding items on the cashbooks and making corrections were necessary.
• Perform monthly payroll reconciliations and postings of all correction journals once approved by the Finance Manager.
• Ensure accurate posting of all prepayment related expenses, liabilities and interests to the relevant accounts to reflect the month’s cost as well as ensuring that accrual schedules are maintained.
• Carrying out Intercompany postings and reconciliations. Ensuring that all intercompany loan transfers are accurately analyzed and posted through the appropriate evolution databases on a weekly basis.
• Addressing and resolving general ledger queries by preparing necessary journal postings after approval from Finance Manager.
• Carrying out daily Trial Balance checks on Goods Received Notes accrual and Suspense accounts and following up with specific people on any transactions misposted to these accounts so that they are corrected.
• Preparing the Internal Audit Management file, checking the trial balance against all necessary accounts and ensuring that all balances match.
• Leading the accounts team assigned to Finance Manager’s portfolio during external audits by mobilizing the team, assigning audit tasks and fully working with the team in order to attain positive results in providing required information and documentation to the External Auditors.
• Carrying out supervisory tasks, training others on some duties and any other assignments given by the Finance Manager.
The Required Qualifications are:
• Grade 12 certificate with 5 credits.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, full ACCA/ZICA/CIMA.
• Must be registered member of ZICA.
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role.
The Required Attributes Include:
• Proficient knowledge in Pastel Sage
• Very good excel skills
• Must be strong, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
• Detailed process and analytical ability.
• Compliance, Governance and Ethics.
• Ability to work in pressured and deadline-driven operating environment.
• Ability to self-manage workload and work independently.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should submit hand written letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates and contact details of three (3) referees and should be addressed to:
THE HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Zambeef Products PLC
P/B 17, Woodlands
NB. Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 3rd January, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.