Jobs at:RDG Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
11 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Senior Accountant (1)
Job Location: Lusaka
Reporting to: General Manager.
RDG Collective is looking for a highly motivated Senior Accountant with a passion for leadership and clean renewable energy to join the finance team. He or she will work closely with the General Manager.
• Play a Supervisory role to oversee all accounting activities executed by the team.
• Financial process implementation and improvement of financial procedures.
• Responsible for the preparation of external audit deliverables.
• Long term involvement in handling of due diligence and investment appraisal.
• Processing of payroll.
• Preparing of statutory accounts in accordance with the accounting standards
• Perform general ledger end-of-period close activities inclusive of account reconciliations.
• Preparation of journal entries, and the review of journal entries as performed by the accountant.
• Responsible for meeting weekly/monthly/annual deadlines for the preparation of financial books of accounts.
• Alongside accountants, perform weekly/monthly/annual financial statement analyses and document meaningful and understandable explanations for any financial fluctuations to assist in business decision-making.
• Assist in the preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reporting schedules that are distributed to accounting management and external business partners.
• Works closely with all departments across the business, stepping in to support all areas of the business as required during the end-period close of business.
• To provide investors with ongoing reporting and audit requirements and to assist external auditors in the performance of their functions during the end-of-period auditing activities.
• Review and approval departmental payment requisition.
• Conducts independent accounting research to identify and improve the business’s current accounting practices and to be able to draft and provide recommendations and provide guidance.
• Maintain an intimate understanding of the current and developing accounting policies, procedures, and legislation, which always keeps the department within the law.
• Perform similar duties deemed fit for the proper execution of his or her duties and as delegated by the Employer.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting. ZICA CIMA ACCA will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years of working experience in an accounting position within a fast-paced, evolving, and dynamic clean energy renewable environment.
• Preferably candidate should have work experience in external auditing and PAYG industry
• Proven successful experience working on financial budgeting and forecasting, with a deep understanding of full life cycle accounting all the way from the opening of a financial period to its close.
• Ability to work with senior stakeholders and take lead on company financial reports.
• Knowledgeable in international financial reporting standards IFRSs
You might be a strong candidate if you:
• Possess exceptionally good communication skills, both in written and verbal form
• Display exceptional computer skills and be highly proficient in the use of MS Excel, MS Office, MS Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Highly flexible and adaptable, be open and welcoming to change, have an ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Have strong planning and organization skills, be a creative and strategic thinker, have an ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Have a keen eye for detail, be proactive and self-motivated requiring minimal supervision, work comfortably in a collaborative setting, and display an ability to remain calm in times of uncertainty and stress.
• Must be a people person and a team player who is able to build and maintain strong and meaningful relations with other people.
• Protect organization value by keeping information confidential.
Addition to compensation and statutory benefits
• Career Growth in a dynamic, fast growing PAYG industry
• Opportunity to work in an environment that embrace innovation.
• Availability of specified leadership Training and Development programs for succession plan
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.