Vacancy title: Senior Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Talent House
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our clients are seeking a talented individual to fill up the role of Senior Accountant to be reporting to the Financial controller, as well as to provide support to the Finance and control department by managing the reporting requirement of the department. The Senior Accountant will be in charge of handling the day-to-day operations in the Finance & Accounts areas and ensuring the timely completion of data processing.
Bata shoe company limited is a manufacturing company that has been in operation since 1937, with its operations in Lusaka where it produces Zambia’s favorite gumboots (the mucus and rain master). For over 13 decades, Bata has been on the leading edge of footwear design. Today, professionals in Bata’s Shoe Innovation Centers around the world continue the tradition of innovation as they dedicate themselves to discovering new shoe materials, developing modern shoe technologies, and creating fresh footwear that marries style with comfort.
About the role:
The role requires an individual with knowledge on International Accounting Standards, chart of authorities and how to go around the finance risk controls matrix. You must be up to date with different government legislations such as VAT Act, income Tax Act and PAYE guide. Must equally have knowledge on adonis guide as well as BSO accounting procedures and guidelines and managing of internal memos and travel plans.
• Maintain control of all bookings in the accounts department. Supervise and train accounts clerks and bookkeepers ensuring the timely recording of all accounting documents.
• Review monthly departmental performances (P&L statements), and prepare monthly variance reports for Senior Management action.
• Maintain regular control of all statutory (PAYE, NAPSA, NHIMA, VAT, Pension, PACRA, Workers’ compensation) accounts and ensure payment is made and returns filed on time.
• Maintain regular control of all bookings by scrutinizing and making the necessary adjustments and ensuring timely booking of departmental internal debit notes.
• Oversee the month-end close process and review the month-end close pack (MMR) for completeness and accuracy prior to submission to the Financial Controller.
• Monitor all trial balance accounts balances and inventories to ensure only legitimate balances are on accounts. Ensure timely reconciliation and follow up.
• Prepare monthly payroll and total company reconciliation.
• Oversee payroll data entry function and all other payroll functions
• Assist in daily cash management functions including online banking, electronic funds transfer, check balances.
• In charge of Treasury and Cash-Flow and review Bank and cash reconciliation.
• Ensure that ALL payments are correctly coded and computed and duly authorized by the relevant officers at payment processing
• Liaising with Banks on Bank queries and others
• In charge of Departmental and Total Company Budgeting.
• Ensure suitability and effectiveness of internal control systems and the performance of departments in implementing rules, procedures and processes.
• Initiate the audit process. Scheduling the audit on a timely basis.
• Assist in preparing any required documentation for the annual audit
• Prepare and ensure Audit is done timely
• Ensure sufficient documentation is in place for all finance functions.
• Any other Duties allocated by your seniors
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or full professional accountancy ACCA/ CIMA/ ZICA
• At least five (5) years experience in similar management position
• Member of ZICA
• Hands on experience with various accounting software
• strong financial and accounting background
• Can maithe ntain strict confidentiality when handling financial information
The incumbent will receive a competitive salary commensurate with expeBachelor’s
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.