Jobs at:The Salvation Army
Deadline of this Job:
16 August 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Territorial Head Quarters (THQ) of the Salvation Army in Zambia (TSA Zambia) through the Territorial Commander is looking for a suitable individual to take up the position of the SENIOR ACCOUNTANT .
JOB PURPOSE: Preparation of final accounts, management reports, financial analyst and advisory role, supervision of accountants, external and internal audits and budget preparation.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
• Preparation of financial accounts and consolidation.
• Perform month-end accounting tasks such as account and bank reconciliations and approve journal entries.
• Prepare year financial statements for external and internal audit.
• Communicates and works with external and internal audit matters.
• Supervise accountants to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
• Generate financial reports and statements to managers for review.
• Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues, determine budget variances, and report the same to management through Financial Secretary.
• Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion.
• Provide guidance and training to other accountants when necessary.
• Produce master budget according to required format.
• Take lead in working with internal and external audit activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
• Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
• Reviewing various reports prepared and produced by accountants for management or donors.
• Grade 12 Certificate with minimum credits in English, Mathematics and any Sciences
• Full ACCA or Full Chattered Institute Management Accountant or Full Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountant (CA)
• MBA with a Major in Finance is an added advantage
• Proven experience as an, Accounting Supervisor, chief or senior accountant role
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• With atleast 3 yrs Experience
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Awareness of business trends
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages especially NetSuite
• Team player, able to adapt easily and mature.
• Good written or spoken communication skills
• Ms Office/Software: Proficient in MS excel.
• Police Clearance on criminal record.
• The Salvation Army Zambia Territory
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.