Jobs at:UNO petroleum limited
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 28 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uno Petroleum Limited seeks to recruit the services of a qualified Senior Accountant to join the team. The candidate will be responsible for processing of financial records and analysis of information received from and to relevant stakeholders, in accordance with regulatory requirements, organizational procedures and International best practice. The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Produce accurate accounting reports and present their results
• Analysis of data and financial transactions to ensure all are accurate, correct and timeous to the relevant stakeholders.
• Proper maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of journals for approval.
• Reconciliation of various claims/accounts back to the relevant operating systems and documentation to ensure audit and legislative requirements are met.
• Investigation and resolution of unidentified items, reconciling items, errors and queries to ensure the quality of financial reporting and the integrity of the balance sheet.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and other relevant monthly reports.
• Showing an understanding of business performance drivers. Analytics and dashboard reporting to assist the Finance Manager/ Management in decision making with both a historic and forward-looking orientation.
• Adherence to monthly, quarterly, half-year and year-end reporting deadlines.
• Compliance with accounting policies, IFRS and reporting templates.
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory payments and submissions.
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
• Prepare financial statements and produce budgets according to schedule
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Support month-end and year-end close proces
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
• Liaise with Financial Manager/Business consultant to improve financial procedures
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager
Requirements and skills
• Proven experience as a Senior Accountant/Executiv
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close proces
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, Tally
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookup and pivot table
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• Member of ZICA
• Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance or other related discipline.
• Relevant professional certification (e.g., ACCA, CIMA) will be an added advantage
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
4. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a finance role.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
HOW TO APPLY
Address Applications to;
The Human Resource Manager
Uno Petroleum Limited
Plot #397 A/D. off Kafue Road,
Makeni, P.O. Box 50854
Interested persons should apply enclosing Academic and Professional Qualifications, plus a Comprehensive CV: stating the Position in the Subject Line of the email to – email@example.com
Hard copy application letters will not be considered.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email or phone call
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.