Jobs at:Umoyo Natural Health
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, March 31 2023
Date Posted:Friday, March 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Umoyo is looking for a detail-oriented and experienced Senior Accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Performing financial analysis.
• Performing month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
• Coordinating with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks with deadlines.
• Generating financial reports and statement to management for review.
• Analysing financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
• Monitoring expenditures, analysing revenues and determining budget variances and reporting the same to management.
• Providing guidance to other accountants when needed.
• Assisting in auditing by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
• Monitoring and recording financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
• Prepare & issue Financial Reports on time.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and other relevant monthly reports using QuickBooks and Excel.
• Proper maintenance of the general ledgers and preparation of journals for approval.
• Prepare bank reconciliation reports
• Ensure the filling and payments of statutory obligations (VAT, PAYE, Income Tax, NAPSA & NHIMA)
• Assist in the preparation of Annual Financial Statements
• Coordinate Stock-takes
• Prepare monthly and weekly cashflows
• Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity position
• Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or as assigned.
Qualifications and Technical Skills/Abilities
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate
• Professional accounting qualifications such as CA Zambia, ACCA, CIMA or its equivalent with 3 years post qualifying experience;
• Membership with ZICA is a must
• Strong knowledge of accounting and financial management best practice
• Experience in use of accounting packages preferably Quickbooks
• Sound and in-depth knowledge of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and relevant laws and statutory obligations
• Ability to train and manage junior staff
• Experience in cash flow management
• Excellent knowledge of Excel
• Analytical and pays attention to detail
• Good presentation and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.