Senior Finance Officer (I -NGO)
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited
Deadline of this Job:
01 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited (BEMCONSULT) has been engaged by Joint Country Programme (JCP) to assist in the identification and recruitment of a qualified, highly motivated and competent SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER to join their team at their Country Office in Lusaka.
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) and Danish Church Aid (DCA) have been working together with strong partnerships in Zambia since as early as 2003. During this time, they have been working closely with a range of faith-based and secular partners within two overall strategic priorities, Gender Justice and Economic Justice. Through a joint office and country program, NCA and DCA work together to empower rights-holders, especially women and youth. Through strong networks and alliances within Zambian civil society, they uphold and protect people’s dignity and promote their active participation in the development of their country. The Joint Country Program (JCP) Zambia is a fully merged country programme where funding, technical advice, lobby & advocacy, communication, and administration is shared and coordinated. NCA is the lead agency. Their current programs focus on Gender Justice (including gender-based violence), Climate-Smart Economic Empowerment and Fighting Inequality.
The Senior Finance Officer will lead processes to follow up on NCA compliance with donor requirements, ensuring that repeat funding is avoided. Ensure compliance, quality, and transparency with NCA procedures and donor requirements including reporting and deadlines to contribute to the highest possible impact for the resources we have.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Perform the accounting function of NCA Zambia, ensuring accurate financial records
• Budgeting and ensuring that they are in the Maconomy accounting system.
• Production of Donor reports and ensuring compliance with Donor requirements.
• Consolidation of partner reports after proper quality checking
• Ensure that payments are correctly coded and have adequate support documentation
• Posting of transactions in Maconomy
• Balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations
• Compliance on all contractual issues: ensuring adherence to donor requirement
• Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
• Maintain the General Ledger subsidiary journals including cash receipts and cash disbursements, ensuring accuracy and keeping the Controller apprised of any problems
• Overall reporting, quality assurance of all deliveries and submission to the Finance Manager
• Compliance with NCA security and finance routines, regulations and SOPs
• Any other task assigned by the Line Manager or Management
Required Skills and Attributes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High level of Accountability
• Must be detail-oriented, and well-organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
• Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations.
• Ability to work independently
• Must be a Good Problem Solver, Analytical, Creative and Innovative.
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent Analytical and Report Writing Skills
• Ability to hold a high level of integrity and ethics
• Ability to work in a Multicultural environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Accounting, Finance or any Finance related Degree
• Must be a Chartered Accountant (Full Professional Qualification i.e. CA Zambia, ACCA or CIMA)
• Must have at least a minimum of 3+ years experience in Finance and Accounting with an International NGO
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in Grant Accounting is required with a preference for EU and other Government Grant Experience.
• Finance & Accounting with International NGOs will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of computer-related financial/accounting systems and budgeting is necessary.
• Must have a good command of the English Language, both written and spoken
• Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
• Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts
• Member of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the hiring requirements for any of the above positions, please email your CV in Ms Word and Cover Letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org & copy in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 30 working days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.