Senior Finance Officer
Jobs at:Berakah Human Capital Solutions
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, September 04 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, September 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Profile of Organization
• Our client is a global humanitarian organization operating in Zambia. Their Christian witness is seen in communities where they provide sanitation and hygiene education through their core competencies of stakeholder mobilization to achieve behavior change, improve sanitation infrastructure, and support water supply development. Their vision is to achieve to their God given mandate and reach more communities in Zambia.
• To analyse financial data and provide timely, accurate and relevant information so that it can be used to make decisions and report on key financial matters.
• Reporting and Place of Performance
The Senior Finance Officer will be based in Chipata and shall report to the Project Manager with a matrix reporting line to the Finance Manager in Head Office.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Ensure accurate keeping of accounting records by using the QuickBooks system to account for financial transactions for each grant.
• Coordinate and make timely payments for payment requests on the on line banking platform. Ensure that payment requests submitted to Finance have all the necessary documents and approvals
• Make statutory payments such as NAPSA, PAYE, NHIMA timely so as to avoid the accrual of penalties for late payments
• Entering of bank, Petty Cash, salaries and other accrued transactions in the accounting software on a daily basis
• Ensure the safe keeping of all accounting documents, both soft and hard copies.
• Provide documentation for internal and external auditors when requested. Ensure that all documents are filed neatly and orderly.
• Manage timely processing of payments in order to facilitate procurement of goods and services and meet the organisation financial obligations.
• Work with the Finance Manager on cash flow forecasts, budgets, audit schedules and the preparation of the monthly financial reports and the closing checklist.
• Review invoices, and provide account codes, when appropriate, for proper project accounting. Review all retired documents and liquidate retirements in the system. Ensure the timely retirement of advances by staff
• Produce budget and expense analysis report for review and consolidation by the Finance Manager.
• Analyses all accounts and journal entries to ensure correct posting.
• Identify and recommend cost savings initiatives for program activities.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Business Competencies and General Skills
• Ability to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial managers.
• Familiar with accounting fundamentals.
• Strong analytical, presentation, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Report writing and presentation skills.
• Data management and record keeping.
• Knowledge of grants and regulations typically acquired with three to five years related experience.
• Capable of managing numerous simultaneous projects.
Knowledge and demonstrated experience with MS Office package software applications with advanced skills using Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills as well as ability to multi-task are essential.
Minimum Education and Experience Competencies
• BS Degree in Finance or equivalent accounting qualification,
• Five (5) years of relevant, progressively responsible experience, in the non-profit sector, with experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting including grant accounting.
• Must be a registered member of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Please send a 2-page CV that includes 3 references (Professional and Spiritual) to Berakah_Recruitment@outlook.com by 17:00 hours on Monday 4th September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.