Vacancy title: Senior Finance and Grants Specialist – Readvertising[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Health Care , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Provincial Health Office, Western Province
Deadline of this Job:
06 February 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Provincial Health Office, Western Province in conjunction with U.S Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been implementing programs to improve the management of TB, STIs and HIV/AIDS care services in the Province since 2006. To further strengthen the programs, WPHO is inviting applications from interested persons who meet the minimum requirements to fill the following vacant positions on contract basis subject to renewal:
JOB TITLE: Senior Finance and Grants Specialist
LOCATION: Provincial Health Office
JOB PURPOSE: To provide oversight and leadership in project finances and grants management for the purposes of increasing the capacity of the Province to provide comprehensive and sustainable HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment Services under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Cooperative Agreement with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
REPORTS TO: Provincial Health Director
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITY (MAIN DUTIES)
• Coordinates and supervises effectively, timely and accurate maintenance of electronic books of accounts in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of project financial information.
• Coordinates and supervises, timely banking of revenue in order to safeguard project funds.
• Coordinates and supervises, timely preparation of expenditure statements in order to accurately monitor levels of project expenditure.
• Ensures timely preparation and submission of Draw-Down Requests for concurrence by CDC Zambia and drawing of funds in US Payment Management System (PMS) in order to ensure availability of funds to facilitate timely implementation of project activities in line with approved budgets.
• Ensures timely preparation of mandatory financial and audit reports to CDC in line with Terms and Conditions contained in the Notice of Award (NOA).
• Ensures that debtors are conforming to terms and conditions in the NOA as well as regulations governing the award including conformity to 45 CFR 75 in the application of project funds.
• Ensures timely preparation and submission of administrative responses and requests including lifting of administrative restrictions, carryovers, redirections, and other matters requiring prior approval to CDC in order to facilitate timely decision making.
• Undertakes provision of technical support to Grants and Finance Officers and CDC supported districts in USG funds management and GRZ financial management Act.
• Supervises effectively, human, financial and other material resources in order to facilitate achievement of set objectives.
• Undertakes regularly provision of sufficient internal controls to reduce audit queries.
• Supervise procurement of goods and services required for smooth running of project activities in line with Zambia Public Procurement Authority, Public Finance Act in liaison with the procurement officer to process major procurements.
• Undertakes preparation of financial reports and expenditure analysis to facilitate decision making.
• Supervises timely preparation of monthly expenditure statements in order to monitor levels of expenditure
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS
• Full grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) Levels
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting /ACCA / CIMA/ ZICA or other relevant Degrees strongly preferred in Accounting
• Master’s degree (MBA/MSc Professional Accounting added advantage
• Must have Five (5) years of relevant traceable experience of which a minimum of three (3) years in PEPFAR Programs at management level
• Must be an active Members to relevant professional body (ZICA)
• Knowledge of financial reporting, financial accounting, audit standards and compliance regulations
• Must be between the age of 21 and 55 years
• Knowledge of GRZ and/or USG financial regulations
• Ability to write technical papers and reports clearly in English
• Ability to communicate fluently in English and local languages.
Other skills/Attributes: Computer literate, Managerial skills, good Interpersonal relations, ability to use initiative and trust worthiness
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants meeting the above job specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their; application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, Photocopies of NRC, professional and academic qualifications and any other relevant documents.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A six (6) months contract will be offered to successful candidate subject to renewal depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. Clearly mark on top of the envelope the position you are applying for.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director
Provincial Health Office
P.O. Box 910022
Electronic Applications to be sent to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Monday 6th February 2023 at 17:00 hours.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.